Why is there a lot of gasoline consumption?
To some extent, the consumption of gasoline depends onHow fast the driver drives and the brand of the car. But even when buying an economical car, the driver often notices that over time, the consumption of gasoline increases significantly. It turns out that there are a lot of different versions of the question of why a large consumption of gasoline is an integral part of the life of the car.
The reasons for the high consumption of gasoline
- The most common cause iselectronic engine system. This phenomenon causes incorrect operation of the sensors. For example, if the temperature sensor is damaged, the engine's performance loses power and causes fuel overruns. A damage to the throttle damages the engine control in both idle and accelerating mode.
- Contamination of engine injectors causes a very high gasoline consumption, worsening the acceleration dynamics, prolongs the gear shifting regimes, increases the load on the ignition system.
- If the catalyst has burnt out and collapsed, then this could cause a drastic reduction in engine power, and therefore a very high fuel consumption.
- If the pressure of the fuel system decreases, this underestimates the engine power, and the pressure on the gas pedal only worsens the situation, and the acceleration dynamics also deteriorates.
- The reasons for the high consumption of gasoline also lie in a clogged air filter. Each driver should remember about his timely replacement.
- Also, fuel consumption is affected by improper wheel size.
- Improper selection of viscosity parameters of engine oils increases fuel consumption by 10-15%.
- Breakage of automatic transmission.
- If you spend a lot of time in traffic jams or forwindows heat, then car conditioners can consume up to 15% of fuel. That's why a lot of gasoline consumption can occur even when your car is in perfect order.