Why does not Wi-Fi work?
You seem to have connected everything, but the Wi-Fi network still does not want to connect to the Internet?
What could be the reason for this problem and how to fix it? This will be discussed in this article.
Possible problems and solutions
Just in case, we'll start with the simplest: we check if there is any Internet at all (maybe the provider has some problems and the connection is temporarily absent). To do this, connect the cable directly to the laptop. If the connection is established, then everything is fine, the problem is not in it.
Antivirus and firewall
These programs, despite all the usefulness, can create serious difficulties for users, blocking the launch of various utilities, applications, games, opening sites and so on.
So, as an option, try temporarilydisable the antivirus and / or firewall and look at the network's response. If the Internet has earned, then it was really in these programs. If not, then turn everything back on, because the source of the problem is something else.
A router or laptop?
To determine the source of the problem, connectrouter to another device - a tablet, a desktop PC, a smartphone. If other gadgets get access to the Internet (sites are loaded), then the problem is in the laptop itself. If the Wi-Fi network is recognized, but there is no actual connection, then something is wrong with the network settings.
If the problem is in the laptop
First check if it is onwireless network connection. To do this on the laptop usually there is a special button Wi-Fi. If it does not light, press the button and reconnect the network connection.
You can also check the network settings - theirIncorrectness can also be the reason why Wi-Fi does not work. So, if there are any problems, next to the network icon (it looks like a series of sticks of different lengths) the yellow triangle icon with an exclamation mark inside is lit.
- Click on the icon with the right mouse button and select "Network and Sharing Center" from the list.
- In the opened window on the left, find the line "Changing adapter settings". Follow this link.
- In a new window, select "Wireless Network Connection" by right-clicking on the icon, and then click "Properties."
- In the list that appears, find the Internet Protocolversion 4 (TCP / IPv4). " Click on it with the left mouse button, highlighting with color. And then click on the "Properties" button located in the same window, but just below the list, on the right side.
- In the next window, you need to check the lines "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain the DNS server address automatically". Secure the settings by clicking the "OK" button.
After all the above manipulations, restart the laptop. If the case was in the settings of the router, the network will work.
If the problem is in the router
The configuration of this device, as a rule, requiresspecialist's participation, so if you did not find other reasons for the lack of Wi-Fi on the laptop, then it is quite possible that the device itself is configured somehow wrong or it is defective.
In this situation it makes sense to contact the provider's technical support center and ask for help.