Why does not the child sleep?
Impact on the quality of a child's sleep can be enormousnumber of factors. Paying attention to all the details without exception, parents will be able to provide a valuable crumb full rest in the night and in the daytime.
5 Reasons for Bad Sleep
We will not consider cases where sleep disorders are caused by diseases. Let's talk about why the child does not sleep well, being healthy.
To understand why a child does not sleep, pay attention to conditions that can distract a child from sleep.
For example, it is not uncommon for a babyhanging twisting and glowing elements, which are designed to entertain the baby in moments of wakefulness. But the soothing effect, favorable for sleep, they do not give every child. In addition, crumbs can be distracted by fluorescent wallpaper or individual glowing decor elements, nightlights.
Older children can be put to sleepvarious gadgets: computer and smartphone, DVD-play, TV and game console, mp3 player. By spending time at bedtime with your favorite digital device, the child receives a dose of very vivid emotions that prevent him from falling asleep. A similar effect can give a new toy, a book. Of course, to forbid a child to play or watch movies, listen to music, you can not read. But it is better for this to choose the time several hours before sleep, so that the little one has time to calm down at the given hour.
Of course, the cause of why a child does not want to sleep can also become too loud parents' voices, noise on the street or neighbors, the anxiety that the domestic pet brings and so on.
Unfavorable psychological situation in thefamily very acutely perceive and babies, and children of adolescence. And therefore it is very important that the couple find a way to live in harmony, in love and harmony, otherwise the baby's nervous breakdowns can not be avoided both in early and in old age.
In addition, a child may be prevented from falling asleepfear or concern for something. At the end of the day, it is better to hold calming conversations with the child. Discuss with him the results of the day, highlighting the good things that happened, setting for a good new day. Answer his questions. Try to cover topics that excite the child.
Disturbed sleep regimen
Very often, the reason why a child does not sleep during the day or at night is the lack of a clearly defined sleep schedule.
Gradually accustom the baby to what he hasthere will be a certain time during the day when he will have to rest, it is possible already from 10 months. Until that time, of course, dictate their own rules will be a crumb.
Putting the child to sleep later (for example,have time to play with him after a day's work, so he sat with guests, etc.), you shorten the duration of his sleep in advance for 30-40 minutes. And eventually go to bed late and sleep a little becomes a habit. Focus on the available standards:
- The total daily sleep of children up to 5 months should be at least 18 hours.
- From 5 to 9 months - about 15-16 hours.
- Child aged 10 months and up to 6 yearsshould sleep about 13 hours, after 6 years the total duration of sleep can be gradually reduced by 1.5-2 hours. At the same time, a daytime sleep of 1-1.5 years should be 3-3.5-4 hours (the first dream - 2-2.5 hours, the second dream - 1.5 hours). Children from 1.5 to 2 years can sleep in the daytime already once - 2.5-3 hours. At the age of 2-6 years, you can sleep in the afternoon once, about 2 hours.
- From the age of 6-7, the child can already stop sleeping during the day. The total duration of sleep should be at least 9-10 hours, and better, and all 11-12, because now the child will be tired at school.
- Children older than 8 years can sleep about 10 hours.
Bad bed / room
Do not know why the child does not sleep at night? Analyze the following:
- Does your child have an understanding that his bed is the only right, best and comfortable place to sleep?
If you allow the crumb to fall asleep in the parentbed or with his grandparents, then very soon he might just not want to stay alone during sleep. And this can be a serious problem for the family. Therefore, make an exception to the rules only in special cases, when the child is sick or when he is scared because of a strong wind / thunderstorms in the street. Be consistent in this matter.
- Is the bed too big for the child?
A new spacious sleeper can be a reason for the joy of the parents and the fears of the child, because now such a favorite feeling of a little close coziness has replaced the feeling of yet frightening freedom.
Do not rush to buy a baby a big bed,Wait until he wants her. If the purchase is already made, then you can try to solve the issue by a large number of pillows and favorite toys that will surround the baby during sleep.
- Are there good sleeping conditions in the children's room?
And babies, and older children will be badsleep in a close and stuffy room or in a room where it's too cold. In a very young child, a very dark room will not cause a negative, but for a baby at a more conscious age this can be a serious problem. Rarely, what kind of child wants to sleep at the uninstalled window, in which the "monster" appears.
Violation of traditions
The reason why an infant or a toddler who is already older can not sleep is the non-observance of the usual evening ritual of going to sleep. It can be:
- Joint washing with a sister / parent / grandfather;
- Reading a chapter from your favorite book;
- "Magic" Daddy's kiss for the night;
- Combing the hair;
- Reading prayer;
- Cotting dolls.
Try to have the child always had these simple pleasures, soothing him and mentally adjusting to sleep.