Why do you need a mathematics tutor and how to choose one?
Mathematics is the main subject in school, to everyonethe student needs to pass the exam in 9-11 grades to show his knowledge of the subject and get a certificate. In reality, we often face the imperfection of mathematical education, because the child is forced to engage in standardized programs that do not take into account individual abilities.
The authors of the textbooks in the assignments count onabstract and almost perfect disciple. One of the main functions of teachers is to adapt the material to the characteristics of a particular class. But as a result, it turns out that one of the students is weaker, somebody is stronger and everyone needs different teaching methods to improve the results. Many gifted children often can not reveal their abilities, because they simply do not know effective ways of solving problems, because of this the teacher does not pay attention to it.
It is important to keep track of individual characteristicschild, but in the absence of a personal approach, in a classroom it is simply impossible. This is the function of the tutor - he can assess the child's abilities and psychological characteristics, drawing up a training plan with all the factors in mind.
When should I contact the teacher?
It is recommended to apply to math tutors in the following situations:
- lagging behind the school curriculum;
- need for extensive training in the subject - transfer to a profile school, preparation for entrance examinations;
- problems with teaching mathematics in the classroom - it is important to follow not the grades, but the level of possession of the material;
- preparation for EGE and GIA.
If the student has some gaps in knowledge, then it is desirable to eliminate them as soon as possible. Lagging into one topic leads to misunderstanding of the next one.
How to choose a good teacher?
To find a qualified tutor, you need to follow a few simple rules.
- Clearly form goals. In this case, do not limit yourself to the simple - to pass the USE. It is important to understand exactly what score is needed for admission to a particular institution.
- It is necessary to evaluate several teachers andto spend time on preliminary analysis. Talk to the familiar parents who already have the experience of working with a child with a tutor, study several questionnaires of candidates. Look for information on social networks and forums.
- Study the reviews, it is for them to understand what the teacher specializes in. It is better to choose a tutor who works in a certain profile and has good experience in this area.
- Determine where the classes will take place - at homeor the teacher. Some students will benefit from remote lessons on skype. Based on the location of the training, it will be possible to choose a teacher more specifically so that you do not travel to the other end of the city.
In the questionnaires of tutors, pay attention to the key parameters:
- successes and achievements.
Do not overestimate the achievements of the teacher. In most cases, there is no reason to hire an eminent teacher who has many titles and awards. If you need to pass the exam on 80 points, then for this purpose a senior student with experience or a qualified school teacher will successfully help.
Be sure to ask the teacher about the success of the students. This is the main indicator of the quality of knowledge that a student will receive from a tutor.
How long does it take to practice with a tutor?
Here everything depends on the set tasks andinitial level of student preparation. To prepare for the USE for admission to the university it is desirable to begin to occupy the beginning of the academic year in the 11th grade, i.e. training will continue almost the whole year.
For senior students it is possible to combine full-time and distance learning. At the same time, you can save considerably, since many teachers make a discount on online lessons in 10 - 20%.
How much do the classes cost?
Individual work with a tutor will costat about 1200 rubles per hour. The cost will depend on the qualifications of the teacher, work experience, as well as on the abilities of the student. Pay attention, the price of the remote lessons starts from 300 - 400 rubles, while you can choose teachers from other regions and thus get even less cost of classes.
Of course, do not save and choose badteacher, just to be. It is necessary to correctly evaluate the methods of work and see what the pricing policy of a particular teacher is. Many tutors unreasonably overestimate the prices of lessons.
To find the best teacher will help the projectiLoveToLearn.ru. Specialists of the center will help you to choose a teacher based on your requirements and goals. Leave the contact phone on the site and in 15 minutes the administrator will contact you to clarify the details of the application and start the search.