Who to become, choice of profession
The question of who to become, the choice of profession and definition inlife comes before a modern teenager very early, it may be the choice of a school, a profile class, or the choice of an institution after the end of the middle classes, or the choice of a higher education institution.
Choice of profession
How to determine what exactly you want and where better to go, because this is an important decision. When choosing a profession, rely on three main criteria: I want, I can and I should.
- I want - it's your interests and inclinations. These are your favorite subjects in school, hobbies, what you just like, from literature and comics, to computer software. What fascinates you in the future can become the basis of your activity: like computer games - learn a game designer and participate in the process of creating them, like to draw - think about the career of an artist or architect, like spending time with friends and communicating - go to the region where communication is the basis of all the teacher, manager or psychologist.
- I can - it's your skills, skills and resources. These are the items that you best give, those for which you receive the highest marks, as well as the average score of your academic performance. In terms of its capabilities, be guided by what to choose a higher educational institution, a secondary technical school, a technical school, a college or a vocational school. Assess yourself objectively, do not exaggerate your dignity and capabilities. This includes material opportunities, whether your parents can pay for a commercial education, or you need to focus only on free places, whether you can go to another city or better stay in your own. We estimate the range of available educational institutions: what is in your city, what is nearby, what is far and what is more accessible. Here, the resource of time is also estimated, whether you need to start earning money in a short time or you can afford to graduate in magistracy for 6 years.
- It is necessary - what is in demand at the moment. When choosing a profession, think about what you will do after graduation. Look at the sites available vacancies, who is needed now, who is more often searched. Try to imagine how the situation will change by the time you graduate from your studies, whether this area will develop or vice versa, it will decline. Here, and the level of earnings and educational institutions that you can afford to get this level then. Focus not on the attractiveness of the profession or the prestige of such an education, but on what you will do and where you will work.
- Determining who to choose the profession is notstop on the option immediately, first talk with the one who does it. Who studied at the place you chose, who works for the position you want in the future. The fact is that many overestimate and romanticize the profession. "A doctor is a person who saves others!" Sounds beautiful, but a real doctor will tell you how hard it was for him to study and even harder to work, he will tell about the reverse side of the medal, unpleasant patients, blood type, work schedule, yes and a lot more about what. Only those who are engaged in certain activities will be able to tell you about it real information.
- Assess the qualities of your character that canneed in this profession - patience, mindfulness, perseverance, the ability to respond quickly and switch, whether you are able to perform a monotonous job or you need a constant change of activities.
- If you resort to the help of textbooks onprofessional orientation, vocational training and other special means of help, make sure that they are new. The data is becoming obsolete very quickly and the information of 2002 at the moment is completely irrelevant.