Which camera is better to buy?
At present, digital technologies of steelso accessible that they made the photo not only the lot of great masters, but also an entertaining hobby of absolutely ordinary lovers. Beautiful, clear images are obtained with just one click. But how many models are presented in stores! How to make the right choice, what to look for when buying a digital camera. Which camera is better to buy?
Camera Selection: Compact or Mirror
Before delving into how the camera works, let's determine which class of digital cameras you need. We will proceed from your goals, desires and opportunities.
Advantages of Compact Cameras
How to choose a compact digital camera? Let's look at what to look for when choosing.
- The dimensions and weight of a compact camera, of course, areadvantages in front of the SLR. Threw a compact in your purse or pocket and carry with you everywhere. Interesting moments lie in wait for us everywhere, and your native "soap box" is always at hand.
- Saving money when buying a compactthe camera is large enough. They are cheaper due to the small size of the matrix and the use of inexpensive optics, and to change the boring model to a more perfect one will not be difficult. By the way, compact cameras are improved much faster than mirror ones.
- Compacts excel at shooting inautomatic mode: pointed at the object and pressed the button. A good shot is provided. But, it is clear that in another mode the camera can not be removed. A mirror is more focused on a creative approach: from the specific settings it depends on how the same scene will be shot.
- Compact cameras take pictures of the landscape well. Fans of such pictures are clearly not disappointed in the compact. Macro photography is also easy with a small lens and focusing at short distances from the subject. But with portraits much better copes a DSLR.
Advantages of SLR cameras
- Light-sensitive matrix of mirrorThe camera has a large physical size, so getting a shallow depth of field with it is easier. That is, the main object is obtained in focus, and the background is slightly blurred. For portrait shooting, the DSLR is the best choice. Think about which digital camera is best to buy ... A large matrix allows you to shoot with high sensitivity. The photos are amazingly clear even in low light conditions.
- In the mirrors, external flashes are used, which extends the possibilities of light control - photography becomes a real art.
- If you are looking for speed, it is better to buy a SLR camera.
- Replaceable lenses give you the opportunity to improve.
More information on how to choose a DSLR, you can read in our material "How to choose a SLR camera?".
A good camera: selection criteria
So, we have considered two classes of digital cameras, it remains to decide which one to buy. A good camera should be chosen based on the parameters of the two main elements of the camera: the lens and the matrix.
So, with the matrix everything is simple: The larger the photosensitive element of the matrix (pixel), the better the image quality. Just do not confuse, with the same number of pixels in different cameras, the physical dimensions of the matrix can vary! Whose matrix is larger, that camera is better, easier to put it this way.
If you are thinking about which SLR camerait is better to buy, then pay attention primarily to the lens. You can save on the device itself, but the lens needs to be selected immediately, because it will be removed. If you are an amateur, then we advise you to buy a mirror camera with a mid-focus zoom lens, with an autofocus system and aperture of approximately 2.8.