Where to rest in Greece?
Planning their summer vacation, Russians often opt for a beautiful Greece. Let's talk about where to have a better rest in Greece.
The most popular resorts in Greece:
- Crete: the southernmost resort and the largest island in Greece. In addition to the picturesque sandy beaches, here is one of the most famous Greek sights - the palace-labyrinth of King Minos. According to legend, it was on this island that Zeus the Thunderer, the head of the Greek pantheon of the gods, was born;
- Attica: the region of Greece from Euboea to Athens. Here you can plunge into the legends of Ancient Greece and the warm waters of the Aegean Sea. In addition to the attractions located in the ancient city of Athens, you can visit the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion, the Temple of Demeter in Eleusis, the Monastery of Daphne, which is 11 km from Athens;
- Halkidiki - a peninsula buried in the greenerya real paradise for tourists! By outlines, the island resembles a trident. The nature of Halkidiki is unique, thanks to the pine trees growing on the slopes. Here is Kassandra, the best place for lovers of relaxation in the bosom of untouched nature and clean ecology. Holy Mount Athos with beautiful Byzantine monasteries, is a place of pilgrimage of monks, as well as people interested in the history of Greece;
- island of Rhodes - it is called a pearlThe Mediterranean. Rhodes record holder for the number of sunny days a year (300 days), so the island is lush vegetation, which year round pleases the eye of tourists from northern countries. Visit the ancient city of Rhodes, surrounded by medieval walls, and the port of Mandraki, where according to legend there was a giant statue: Colossus of Rhodes, one of the Seven Wonders of the World;
- island of Corfu - suitable for families,and for sports fans. It is one of the most visited resorts in Greece, located in the northwestern part of the Ionian Sea. It combines the original charm of Greek nature and modern technologies that make your rest comfortable and carefree;
- The island of Mykonos is a stunning island in the Aegean Sea. Fans of surfing and yachting put on a lot of interesting things here.
This is not a complete list of places where it is goodto have a rest in Greece. Recently, Russians are actively exploring new Greek resorts. Such as the Peloponnese, the island of Kos, the island of Kefalonia (Kefalenia), the island of Lefkada, the Evros region and the city of Alexandroupolis. There is another option, where to relax in Greece: these are ski resorts - Falakro, Parnas, Seli.
Wearing under the warm Greek sun, tourists do notyou should forget about the rich history of Greece! Include in your excursion program a visit to the ancient cities of Athens, Thessaloniki, Meteora, Athos, Delphi, Olympia, and others.