What to cook for the New Year 2019
The New Year holidays are not far away, which means that the hostesses will again wrestle with what to cook for the New Year 2019. Next year will be the time of the ruling of the Yellow Earthen Pig. This animal is not particularly discriminating in delicacies and culinary delights. But the food should be plenty and it should be varied.
Specificity of the Year of the Pig
Since the totem of the year belongs to the village animals, the food should be as natural as possible. It will be good if there is a place on the table for greens, vegetables, fruits, dishes from cereals. After all, Gilt loves all these products and will be delighted by their presence on the table.
Of course, on the table can be:
- cutting from any meat, except pork;
- all kinds of sausages, smoked meats, pies without adding pork;
- various bird;
- river and sea fish;
- caviar, shellfish, seafood;
- various cheeses;
- vegetables, fruit, berries;
- dishes containing nuts;
- various greens.
Meat can be processed in a wide variety of ways.It can be put out, fried, smoked, cooked on a fire or grilled. The same applies to birds, game and fish.
Of course, in the Year of the Pig on the New Year's table should be familiar:
- hot dishes;
- juices, drinks.
In order to prepare for the New Year to take a minimum of time, we prepared simple and tasty recipes for hostesses that are prepared in a matter of minutes. We tried to be original, so that in 2019 women got the best menu over the past few years and at the same time they saved time for self-care, so that they could appear in all their glory with their unique dishes for the battle of the chimes.
Original recipes with photos
Many people in our years prefer low-calorie food, so we will start our best menu with such a dish. The preparation of this salad will take at least 5-10 minutes. Nothing to cut, mix and cook. The only thing you need to worry about is the pre-harvesting of products. So, our salad is called:
- Mozzarella cheese –150 gr;
- Cherry - about 30 pcs .;
- fresh basil;
- spices "Provencal herbs" (basil, oregano, thyme);
- balsamic sauce
- Wash and dry the greens and tomatoes.
- Put the “Matsarella” in a colander to stack the pickle.
- Cut the cheese into cubes or form into balls.
- Take wooden skewers and string on it: first cherry, then folded leaf of basil, and then a ball or piece of cheese.
- Take a large dish and place the canapes in a circle.
- Sprinkle the dish with black pepper and Provencal herbs.
- Serve balsamic sauce on the table. They should sprinkle skewers before eating.
"Greek salad with skewers"
His recipe, probably, is known to many, but few who are aware that it can be served on a festive table, also in the form of canapés.
- Feta cheese in oil - 1 can;
- cucumber - 4 pcs .;
- Cherry - 30 pcs .;
- dark olives without pits - 1 jar;
- olive oil - 4 tbsp. l .;
- dried oregano - 2 tsp.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes and arrange on a wide platter.
- Pour olive oil over it and sprinkle oregano on it.
- Wash and slice the vegetables into cucumbers, and cut the tomatoes into halves.
- Remove the olives from the brine and allow to drain.
- String all the ingredients on wooden skewers in the following sequence: olive, half cherry, cucumber.
- Ready skewers simply insert into the early decomposed cheese. New "Greek salad" is ready.
"Red fish in a mustard-honey marinade"
- any red fish - 700 gr .;
- mustard - 2 tbsp. l .;
- honey - 2 tbsp. l .;
- brown sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- spices, salt.
- Make a marinade of mustard, honey, sugar, spices and salt.
- Put the fish in it for 24 hours
- Bake on the grill for 15 minutes.
Baked Tiger Prawns
- tiger shrimps - 300 gr .;
- butter 30 g;
- white bread - 3 pieces;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- lime - 1 pc .;
- fresh cilantro - three branches;
- cumin (ground cumin) - 1 tsp.
- pepper, salt.
- Peel the shrimp.
- Place their bowl, rub garlic and lime zest into it.
- Add cumin, spices and salt to the contents and mix everything.
- Mix everything and put it in a baking dish.
- In another bowl, melt the butter, crumble the white bread into it and add the chopped cilantro.
- Mix this mixture well and place on the shrimp.
- Bake the shrimps in the oven for 25 minutes at a temperature of 220 degrees until golden brown.
- Before serving, pour lime juice.
- The dish can be decorated with a sprig of cilantro and lime slices.
- salted red fish - 200 gr .;
- cucumber - 3 pcs .;
- vegetable broth - 200 gr .;
- cream cheese (better than Mascarpone) - 100 gr .;
- gelatin - one packet;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- dill - 1 bunch.
- Wash the cucumbers and cut them into half rings.
- Sprinkle them with salt and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Then rinse them with water and fold in a bowl.
- Pour them with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Soak gelatin according to package instructions.
- Boil the vegetable broth and combine with a solution of gelatin, mix everything thoroughly.
- Cool the solution to room temperature and pour into glasses to half the volume.
- Put cucumbers in glasses and put them in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Cooking cream: 150 gr. Beat the fish, cream cheese and dill in a blender until smooth.
- We spread the cream in glasses over jelly.
- Cut the remaining fish into narrow slices and place on top of the cream.
- We decorate all with a sprig of dill. The dish is ready.
If the plans for a festive feast drink alcohol, then they can also be served in an original and tasteful way.
- any good dry wine - 2 bottles .;
- oranges - 2 pcs .;
- Kiwi - 2 pcs .;
- grapes without pits - 1 bunch;
- mango - 1 pc. (if there is no ripe mango, you can take canned pineapples);
- orange liqueur - 70 ml .;
- any red berries (strawberries, raspberries, etc. - you can take frozen).
- Cut the oranges into semicircles, kiwi slices, mango slices, grape berries in half.
- Put all the fruits in a bowl and pour over the wine and liquor.
- Next, put everything in the fridge.
- Before serving, add berries to the mixture. If the strawberry is large, it can be cut in half.
And you know that alcoholic beverages can not only be drunk, but also chewed. You have a chance to surprise guests if you cook:
- Citron vodka - 1 tbsp .;
- Cointreau liqueur - 60 ml.
- lime juice - 50 ml .;
- cranberry juice - 1 tbsp .;
- gelatin - 25 gr.
- Gelatin soak according to the instructions on the package.
- Mix cranberry and lemon juice with a solution of gelatin.
- Boil the solution on the fire for five minutes.
- Make sure the mixture does not boil.
- Then add vodka, liqueur and mix well.
- Pour everything into a special form and refrigerate for three hours.
- Before serving, jelly is cut into cubes and decorated with lemon peel.