What is the difference between sushi and rolls?
Recently, Japanese cuisine is picking uppopularity. The most famous dishes are rolls and sushi. Many people think that this is the same thing. But in fact, this is a delusion. The rolls are very different from the land. They are different both in taste and appearance, they are also prepared in different ways. A large selection of rolls and sushi in restaurants of Japanese cuisine often confuses visitors.
Sushi - a traditional dish of Japanese cuisine, consisting of rice, seafood and sometimes additional ingredients. They look like ordinary rice cakes decorated with a piece of fish.
Rolls are a kind of sushi. They also consist of rice, fish, but can be decorated with different vegetables, sometimes fruits and necessarily algae. Externally, rolls are like a tight roll, the components of which are laid flat layers.
What distinguishes sushi from rolls are the main features:
- Rolls are a kind of sushi. In the assorted sushi will necessarily include rolls. In assorted rolls, however, there will be no land;
- roll - a way of preparation and registration of a land;
- sushi - just a bag of rice with fish. Rolls are cooked with a lot of ingredients and decorations. They consist not only of rice and fish, but also of vegetables. Rolls are pieces of tightly rolled roulette;
- rolls are cut from a roll, sushi is cooked on a piece;
- rolls are always wrapped in algae, there is almost no algae in land, only a thin strip;
- sushi consist of more fish or seafood.