What is chemistry?
All have been taught or will be teaching chemistry at school. About our chemistry, our article will tell.
Chemistry is a science that studies properties,structure and composition of substances. She also talks about the transformations of all substances and describes the laws by which they occur. Due to such reactions, different substances can turn into new substances.
Chemistry is a vast science. That's why it is divided into 5 main sections:
- Biochemistry is the science of studying chemical reactions in living organisms. In it, the study is carried out at the molecular level.
- Analytical chemistry is a science that makes qualitative and quantitative analyzes of different mixtures.
- Organic chemistry is the science of carbon compounds. People know millions of different organic compounds. This knowledge is used, for example, in pharmaceuticals, petrochemicals, polymer production.
- Inorganic chemistry is a science that studies any elements of the periodic table, except for carbon.
- Physical chemistry - this science is studying the physical laws and phenomena of chemical reactions.