What are social networks?
Social networks - sites or web services,used to reflect, build and organize relationships. These are resources that allow people to work together with documents, communicate, and exchange information. The most famous projects in Russia are Facebook and VKontakte. To better understand what social networks are, check out their brief classification.
Types of social networks
- Sites created to bring people togethera certain feature (gender, interests, profession, religion). Separately it is necessary to allocate professional social networks, called to unite experts of one profile, to simplify the establishment of business contacts; example - Professionals.ru. Also, there are corporate resources created by companies for internal use.
- Geosocial networks are resources that allowpeople get acquainted with people who are in a particular locality. One of the famous projects - Foursquare and AlterGeo. To determine the location, usually uses GPS.
- Media stores are resources that enable users to download files by giving other people access to them. An example of a social network of this type is Youtube.
- Social bookmarking services are sites that allow people to create collections of links for sharing. An example of such a site is Memori.ru
- Social libraries or advisory services. On such sites people create collections of favorite films, evaluate books, music. An example is discogs.com.
Social networks help people quicklyexchange information, get acquainted, keep in touch with relatives. But it's important not to give them too much time, otherwise you can be trapped in illusions, preferring a real virtual life.
You can also benefit from articles from the section Social networks, in particular, the article How to create a social network.