Vertical storage water heater flat
Overview of vertical storage water heater 80 liters
Accumulative water heaters (or boilers) are very popular in apartments and private homes. Their purpose is to quickly heat cold water, so the use of a boiler makes sense in cases where there is often no hot water in the house. Also, any water heater accumulative 80 liters vertical flat or another boiler can be connected to heating, floor heating and other similar systems.
Water heater - the main element of the hot water supply system
Main types of water heaters
There are three main types of boilers:
- Flowing - the water is heated in the process of passing through the tube with a heating element. This type is good when hot water is needed infrequently and not in large quantities, otherwise it consumes too much electricity.
- Cumulative - the structure resembles a thermos, that is, the water remains hot for a long time after heating.This leads to a small energy expenditure of the boiler.
- Combined - the heating element of such a unit can operate in low or high power mode. Due to the fact that it works as a flow, and as a cumulative, you can use hot water even in cases when the tank apparatus is empty. Another distinctive feature of boilers of this type is large capacity - up to 200 liters of water.
An example of installing an outdoor water heater in the apartment
One of the most popular models are cumulative electric water heaters of 80 liters. They may also vary in different characteristics: power, shape, etc. Most of the units react to a decrease in water temperature and automatically turn on the heating element.
The form distinguishes two types of boilers: barrel-shaped and flat. The first keep the water hot longer due to its spherical shape, but are rather cumbersome for modern small apartments. Flat heaters are much more profitable in this regard, since they are small in size and can be easily mounted anywhere in the apartment.
The modern market offers a huge number of water heaters of various shapes and sizes.
Flat storage electric water heaters of 80 liters can be installed horizontally or vertically, depending on the availability of free space. Most often, the unit is installed vertically.
Water heater accumulative 80 liters vertical flat: structure
Any water heater is a metal container that is mounted on the wall using special fixings or installed on the floor. The body of the heater is made of steel, which is covered with a special type of enamel. This is done so that the body itself remains cold and it is impossible to get burned on its surface. Also, the use of steel as a material for the body is a guarantee of the durability of the water heater.
Electric water heater can be installed anywhere in the apartment at your discretion.
Under the steel case is heat insulation. As a rule, in a flat horizontal storage water heater of 80 liters and other models for this purpose polyurethane foam is used. Under a layer of polyurethane foam is a titanium tank, in which the water is heated.Water enters the tank from the main water supply system through a special hose that comes with a boiler.
Water heating in a horizontal or vertical storage water heater of 80 liters is carried out using a serpentine-shaped heating element. In some models of water heaters there is not one heating element, but two. As a rule, this feature is found in boilers of large volume. Near the heater is a magnetic anode that protects the heater from non-mechanical damage, and also prevents the occurrence of scale.
Water heater installed and connected to the water supply system
Another important element of any water heater is a thermostat. It regulates the temperature of water heating, prevents overheating, maintains the specified temperature and performs other functions related to the conversion of cold water into hot water.
Helpful advice!When choosing a water heater for your home, the most attention should be paid to the type of heating element and thermostat. It is these two details that directly affect the quality of work and the duration of the life of the unit.
Modern water heaters fit easily into the most sophisticated design
The principle of operation of the storage water heater
Any vertical or horizontal storage electric water heater of 80 liters works according to the following scenario:
- From the domestic water supply system through a special pipe, the water enters the titanium tank.
- The heating system automatically turns on, the temperature of the coil rises, which is why the water temperature rises.
- When the water reaches the set temperature, the thermostat turns off the heating element, this saves energy and prevents the system from overheating.
- Hot water comes at your disposal through the outlet pipe, that is, into the faucet, shower, heating system, etc.
- In different models of water heaters, such parameters as the speed of water in the tank, its heating to the maximum temperature and some other parameters may differ, but the general principle of operation remains unchanged.
Scheme of connecting EVN to the water supply
Advantages and disadvantages of storage water heaters
Some may say that the price of a cumulative electric water heater of 80 liters is too high.But this is offset by one of its main advantages - financial savings. This is due to the fact that when using a boiler, you can not pay for hot water. This is especially true for those who have a counter in the apartment. It consumes only cold water and electricity. The latter is in small quantities, so you don’t get huge electricity bills.
Installing a storage water heater in a private house - the best option in terms of convenience and efficiency
Different models of boilers are characterized by different features. Flat horizontal storage water heaters of 80 liters have the following advantages:
- Compactness - a flat boiler takes up much less space than a round shape. It can be easily mounted on a wall in the kitchen, on the floor or in other places. The flat model is the perfect solution for a small apartment.
- Maintain water temperature. In addition, the accumulative water heater 80 liters vertical flat has the function of a thermos. This means that the hot water cools down very slowly, that is, you will not need to heat the water every time you want to take a shower or wash the dishes.
- Each boiler is guaranteed for a period of up to 2 years, so if you experience a breakdown, you can contact the service center for free to fix it.
An example of a horizontal installation of a water heater
If we talk about the shortcomings of flat water heaters, then a lot depends on the model. For example, if the boiler is of a flow type, then you can forget about energy saving, since the water heats up while moving. This means that the energy for heating is used all the time while the water flows. Accumulative water heaters are much more profitable in this regard, so that once heated water can be used for a long time then without switching on the heating element.
Some developers deliberately reduce the energy efficiency of flat water heaters for the sake of reducing their dimensions. Therefore, you should not buy the smallest model, most likely it will be ineffective.
The 80 l water heater is ideal for use by a family of 3-4 people.
Helpful advice!Using a boiler only during the cold season will not have a big impact on the budget, but only if you do not use the unit unnecessarily.
What to look for when choosing a water heater (boiler)
There are a number of important points that you should pay attention to when considering various options for a water heater:
- mechanical control is more reliable than electrical control, since the latter can lead to breakdown of the entire unit as a result of an accidental power surge;
- The enamel coating is the most effective, as it prevents the occurrence of corrosion at the weld sites. Another advantage of enamel is low electrical conductivity, as a result of which the enameled tank is not susceptible to corrosion of the joints;
- it is better to determine the volume of the boiler in advance, approximately considering how much water is supposed to be used per unit of time. A tank that is too small will not satisfy the needs of a large family; at the same time, a 80-liter tank in an apartment for one person will consume excess electricity;
Most often, electric water heaters are installed in bathrooms
- A heating element that is not in direct contact with water will last longer. This is due to the fact that it does not form scale.Another advantage of dry heating elements is the possibility of replacement without having to drain the water from the tank;
- any boiler needs regular maintenance, regardless of the intensity of its use. The more often you check the device for problems and replace the failed parts, the longer it will serve you;
- if you buy a heater from your hands, then you will not be given a warranty card and you risk becoming the owner of low-quality equipment;
- The boiler must be installed by experienced specialists. Attempting to mount a storage heater 80 liters vertical flat or any other on their own can lead to damage, and the warranty on the equipment at the same time is removed.
Installation and adjustment of the water heater should be carried out by a specialist.
By the way, the energy consumption of a flat or barrel-shaped boiler of the same volume does not practically differ from each other, so when choosing a form, be guided by the availability of free space in the apartment. Water heater accumulative 80 liters vertical flat - this is the best option for a modern small apartment.
Modern models of water heaters and their characteristics
A 80 l boiler is considered the best option for a family of 2-3 people. Prices, characteristics of storage water heaters 80 liters may vary depending on the manufacturer. Below we look at a number of the most popular models:
|Ariston ABS VLS PW 80||The main feature of the accumulative water heater 80 liters Ariston is a very fast heating of water to the set temperature. Operating voltage - 230V, and power - 1500 or 2500 W, depending on the model. The price of a water heater cumulative electric Ariston 80 liters will be 13,000-15,000 rubles.|
|Electrolux EWH 80 Royal||The storage tank of this model can heat water up to a maximum of 75 ° C, and its maximum power is 2 kW. Distinctive features of the model - reliability and durability.|
|Gorenje GBFU 80||The unit capacity of 2000 W, characterized by the original design. It is characterized by high power, which is why the water is heated to the maximum temperature very quickly.|
|Electrolux EWH 80 SL||The model is widely known for its minimal heat loss. The walls of the tank are covered with ceramics, which greatly enhances the effect of a thermos. Also characterized by ease of management.|
In addition to the above, there are still a large number of relatively inexpensive and reliable models of 80-liter storage boilers.The choice here depends largely on personal preferences in relation to a particular manufacturer and a number of other factors. If you understand that you yourself can not choose the model you need, then it is better to talk with an experienced specialist.
Small water heaters are usually mounted on the wall.
Helpful advice!If a model for 80 liters does not suit you, then the volume should be chosen on the basis of the following parameters: a boiler only for domestic needs - up to 30 liters; for a family of two people - up to 50 liters; and for a family of 3 or more people - 80 liters or more.
Water heater maintenance
In order to extend the life of the water heater, it should be regularly inspected and replaced parts. One of the most common problems is the formation of scale on the heating element. You can avoid this by installing water filters on the inlet pipe or simply changing the heating element regularly.
It is necessary to regularly monitor the condition of the boiler and perform preventive work in time.
Also, problems with the tank can occur if there are too many seams on it, which are the most problematic places because of the likelihood of corrosion.This is true for storage water heaters vertical flat Termeks 80 liters and many other models.
The best care for the boiler is the use of filtered water and the timely replacement of spare parts.