Thyroid gland diseases: signs
Thyroid gland is one of the componentsendocrine system of man, it is located on the neck, in front of the trachea, and consists of two lobes. The role of the thyroid gland is reduced to the production of thyroxine, triiodothyronine, involved in the metabolic processes of the body and in growth processes, and calcitonin, regulating the exchange of calcium in the body.
Diseases of the thyroid gland, the signs of whichshould be known to everyone, can significantly worsen the state of the human body. Therefore, the first time they are found, you should consult an endocrinologist. One of the most dangerous diseases, characterized by an increase in this gland, is diffuse goiter.
The causes of diffuse goiter are lack of iodine or slagging of blood. With diffuse goiter structural changes in the thyroid gland does not occur.
Symptoms of thyroid disease are manifested as follows:
- Violation of the cardiovascular system, heart palpitations, pain in the heart;
- Nervousness, sleep disturbance, increased excitability, impaired concentration;
- Skin itching, hair loss;
- Trembling of hands;
- Eye enlargement.
Changes in the structure of the thyroid gland canlead to the formation of tumors, both benign and malignant. These changes are called nodular goiter. Nodular goiter is accompanied by the same signs as diffuse.
The most common violation of the thyroid gland is hypothyroidism. This condition is caused by a decrease in the production of thyroid hormones.
Signs of changes in the thyroid gland are:
- Increased fatigue, weakness, drowsiness, absent-mindedness, memory impairment, depression;
- Hair loss and dullness, brittle nails and dry skin;
- Impairment of potency in men, decreased libido and menstrual cycle disorders in women;
- Increased body weight;
- Instability of the heart and blood pressure;
- Appearance of edemas.
As a rule, the first signs of the diseasethyroid gland remain without attention, since the modern rhythm of the life of most people leads to similar violations. As a consequence, the symptoms of this disease can simply go unheeded. Do not negligently treat your health, especially since violations of the thyroid function in the early stages are successfully eliminated by properly selected treatment.
Completely opposite disruption of workthyroid is hyperthyroidism or thyrotoxicosis. This violation can act as an independent, and can accompany a diffuse goiter, which was discussed earlier.
Hyperthyroidism is characterized by excessive production of thyroid hormones and is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Weight loss with increased appetite;
- Muscle weakness;
- Feeling of anxiety, fear and insomnia;
- Frequent mood swings;
- Intolerance to heat and high temperatures.
The cause of the appearance of autoimmune thyroiditisis a violation of the immune system, which inevitably entails a serious malfunction in the thyroid gland. Cells of the immune system begin to rapidly develop antibodies to the tissues of the thyroid gland, perceiving it as something alien, endangering the health of the human body as a whole.
Autoimmune thyroiditis may be accompanied by rather unexpected symptoms, such as:
- Headache, excessive fatigue, depressive conditions;
- Muscle pain, inflammation in the joints, arthrosis and osteochondrosis;
- Reduced vision, fast fatigue of the eyes, "flies" and "spots" in the eyes;
- Inflammatory processes of various nature (herpes, bronchitis, gastritis, cystitis, dysbiosis, etc.).
However strange it might sound, but practicallyAny disturbance in the body's functioning can be a symptom of one of the thyroid gland diseases. Of course, this does not mean that when you have a headache, you should immediately run to the endocrinologist. It is enough to undergo examination from time to time, to know what signs of thyroid disease exist, and to follow the characteristic changes in the state of the body.
In time, the measures taken can greatly alleviate the consequences. How to treat thyroid gland diseases, you can learn from the article How to treat the thyroid gland.