The drug "Clarithromycin". Analogues, indications and contraindications
The drug "Clarithromycin" is an antibiotic fromgroup of semisynthetic macrolides of the third generation. Is able to suppress protein synthesis. In this article you will learn useful information about the drug "Clarithromycin" - analogues, indications and contraindications, possible side effects from the application.
The form of the drug "Clarithromycin" - 500 mg, 250 mg - in a tablet form. 10 tablets are produced in a plastic container or plastic bag.
In relation to which microorganisms is the drug "Clarithromycin" active?
- intracellular: Chlamydia pneumoniae, Legionella pneumophila, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Chlamydia trachomatis, Ureplasm urealyticum;
- Gram-positive bacteria: Streptococcus spp. (including Streptococcus pneumoniae and pyogenes), Staphylococcus spp, Corynebacterium spp, Listeria monocytogenes;
- Gram-negative bacteria: Haemophilus influenzae and parainfluenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, as well as Vordetella pertussis, Neisseria meningitidis, Haemophilus ducreyi, Borrelia burgdorferi, Campylobacter spp., Helicobacter pylori;
- anaerobes: Bacteroides melaninogenicus, Peptococcus spp., and also Clostridium perfringens, Eubacterium spp. Propionibacterium spp;
The drug "Clarithromycin", its analogs. Indications for use
- Diseases of the respiratory system: laryngitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, tracheitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis, pneumonia bacterial.
- Diseases of the skin and soft tissue: wound infection, impetigo, furunculosis, folliculitis.
- Diseases of the digestive system: gastric and duodenum ulcers.
The drug "Clarithromycin", its analogs. Contraindications for use
Hypersensitivity to the active substance;simultaneous administration of preparations "Cisapride", "Pimozide", "Terfenadine" and "Astemizol"; porphyrin disease. The drug "Clarithromycin" and its analogs should be used with caution in the treatment of elderly people and children up to six months (since the safety of the use of medication is not established), as well as in the presence of the patient deficiency - renal or hepatic.
During pregnancy, the drug "Clarithromycin"can be used in the absence of an alternative only if the expected benefit will exceed the risk of developing unwanted effects in a future child. Studies that would confirm the safety of the use of this antibiotic in the period of gestation were not carried out. When lactation at the time of treatment, it is necessary to stop breastfeeding the baby.
Side effects of the drug "Clarithromycin" and its analogues
Possible side effects from the following systems:
- nervous: headache, anxiety, dizziness, fear, insomnia, tinnitus, nightmares, changes in taste: less often - hallucinations, disorientation, psychosis, confusion, hearing loss after withdrawal of the drug, paresthesia;
- digestive: a feeling of nausea, vomiting, discomfort in the abdomen, diarrhea; glossitis, stomatitis, cholestatic jaundice: less often - pseudomembranous enterocolitis, hepatitis, hepatic insufficiency;
- cardiac and vascular: thrombocytopenia, leukopenia; rarely - increased QT-interval, ventricular arrhythmia, paroxysmal ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation;
- urogenital: renal failure, interstitial nephritis.
It is also possible to develop allergic reactions: skin rash, itching, erythema malignant, exudative, anaphylactic shock. In rare cases, the resistance of microorganisms to the drug "Clarithromycin" and its analogues develops.
The drug "Clarithromycin" - analogues.
Each analog contains the same active substance - clarithromycin.
Excipients can be: magnesium stearate, starch, purified talc, aerosil, microcrystalline cellulose, polyvinylpyrrolidone, sodium starch glycolate, hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, titanium dioxide, various dyes.
To date, there are the following analogs"Clarithromycin" are medicines Klabaks, Klacid, Clerimed, Clarithromycin Verte, Arvitsin Retard, Kriksan, Binoklar, Claricite, Clarbakt, Klasine, Fromilide, Clarexide, Claritrosin, Clacid SR, Ecositrin, Clarithromycin-Protech, Seidon-Sanovel, Arvitsin.
When choosing an analogue, you should consult your doctor. When buying a patient should be wary of a too low price and an unknown producer.