Stove for bath with tank: photo, video review
The furnace for a bath with a tankinstalled in the house in cases where there is no possibility of connecting the electrical network or gas pipeline. This multifunctional equipment attracts consumers with simple installation and cost-effectiveness. The market offer has a variety of designs of various types and levels of power.
Stove for bath with tank: design and features
Kiln constructionshave several components. The housing includes a grate, a firebox, a chimney and a space for placing stones, called a heater.
The furnace for a bath on firewood with a tankmodern generation are made of metal, sometimes - of brick. But the leading positions are occupied by constructions made of stainless steel.
The material for the manufacture of the grate is usually cast iron. It has excellent characteristics, is able to withstand the effects of severe temperatures, durable. To close the furnace in the design provides a sealed door.
Devicewood burning stoveswith water tank
Note!In some models, you can find a door with glass. It has sufficient thickness and has heat-resistant properties.
Most models can offer a wide range of functions. Therefore, consumers have the opportunity to buy cheapstove for bathwith advanced functionality.
This list may include the ability to:
- carry out work in several modes;
- regulate work time;
- control the duration of the heating of the bath rooms;
- set parameters regarding steam quality;
- adjust the temperature inside the tank and steam rooms.
A photo:woodstove for bath with water tank
The principle of operation of a wood-burning cast iron stove for a bath
Putting fuel into the equipment is carried out in several ways. This moment depends on the type of wood stove for a bath with a water tank. In the process of burning wood, ash and soot are formed. These fuel residues are poured into the ash pan through the grate. The ashpot is cleaned of soot and ash manually. Chimney is designed to remove the gaseous products of combustion arising in the process of burning wood.
As a result of fuel combustion, heat is released.The heated air is several times lighter than cold air, so it rises upwards on the rocks. The stones heat up, giving away heat to the steam room where comfortable temperature conditions are formed.
Examplecast iron bath furnacewith water tank
Wood stoves for a bath with a water tank with a portable firebox have the opportunity to create the optimal temperature. In such structures, the fuel is loaded into the chamber from the room adjacent to the steam room. Exhaust gases give off heat, there is a rapid heating of the water.
Helpful advice!Long burning furnaces are able to effectively perform work for 6-10 hours. Having selected the optimal model of construction, you can forget about the constant control over the furnace - it will be enough just to replenish the stock of firewood in the furnace twice a day.
Types of sauna stoves on the wood (by type of placement of the tank)
Most manufacturers produce designs made in the framework of a strict design. Only fireplaces installed in living rooms are equipped with decorative glazing to observe the flame.
Wood stovedesigns are considered the most traditional version of the equipment.When wood burns indoors, it creates a pleasant aroma of a Russian sauna.
Stove for bathwith different types of tank
Finished constructions can have a different type of water tank placement:
- in the furnace case (built-in capacity);
- on the pipe that removes smoke (it is recommended to purchase ready-made structures of this type, since the construction of chimneys in the sauna for wood-burning stoves does it own hands requires serious knowledge and skills);
- separately from the structure (in these furnaces there is a built-in heat exchanger, which acts as a connecting element between the structure and the tank, which is outside its limits);
- hinged type (attached to the body).
There are a number of popular designs for those who intend tobuy a stove for a bath.
Average prices for models of furnaces with different designs:
|Model name||Tank placement type||Cost, rub.|
|Tunguska||on chimney||from 10,000|
|Helo (Finnish)||built in||from 25,000|
Before the purchaseovensIt would be useful to read consumer reviews, which are presented in large quantities in the network.
The furnace for a bath of long burning with the built-in or hinged tank
The tank for placement of water represents metal capacity.A design variant with a tank suspended from the outside or built into the furnace body is considered to be very inconvenient.
The built-in type of placement of the water tank does not allow to control the level of liquid in it. The water in this case is subjected to constant boiling, so you will need to additionally organize a system for the removal of steam.
Mounted tanks are characterized by rapid boiling, which is ahead of the moment when the steam room starts to heat up normally. A negative phenomenon called “cold steam” is formed. Such steam increases the level of humidity in the room, which creates serious obstacles to the formation of acceptable and comfortable conditions in the bath.
Oven with built-in tankto heat water
Tip!It is recommended to use birch logs, firewood from alder. Efficient fuel is coal and peat briquettes. Wood must be dry to ensure fast warming of the room. It is better to refuse use of wood of coniferous breeds. When it burns, a large amount of soot is formed, clogging up the chimney.
In attached tanks, part of the heat is spent on water heating, which increases the heating time of the steam room.Hot water must be drained and diluted with cold, which creates additional inconvenience.
Oven with portable tank for water
The external water tank is heated in two ways: from the chimney pipe or from the firebox. When it comes to heating through a firebox, installation of a coil directly into it is carried out in metal or brick furnaces. This coil is equipped with a pair of pipes. They go outside, where the portable tank is mounted, which must be located near the heat source. The maximum allowable distance is 3 meters.
This requirement is due to the fact that the circulation inside the circuit will be carried out in the natural mode. The tank is hung on the wall from the inside or outside of the sauna room. It is necessarily placed above the level of the location of the combustion chamber.
Metal bath stove with a portable water tank
This makes it possible to:
- control temperature;
- monitor fluid levels;
- install the shower or faucet directly to the tank.
Suchovenshave disadvantages. During the warming up of the room, partly the heat from the firebox is spent on heating the water.This can not be done without, since the system’s flooding after the heating of the steam room is prohibited, as boiling of the liquid can occur in the heated pipes, provoked by rapid cooling. This can be followed by a blow and destruction of the heat exchanger.
Wood stove with water tank (heated by chimney)
The most profitable option is consideredfurnace constructionsin which the water tank is powered by the energy of the flue gas. Gaseous products of combustion have a very high temperature. Therefore work efficiencyovensIt will not be reduced if some of the heat from the gas duct is taken to service the DHW.
Differenttank oven options, the water in which is heated by the chimney
Helpful advice!The heating process can be organized at once in several ways. It is allowed to embed a tank with a large volume in the chimney, the liquid in it will be heated by the combustion products of firewood directly. Can be installed on the chimney tank tank of small size, complete with two nozzles. They are mounted remote tank with a large volume.
Using heat from combustion products to heat water is the best way to organize a system, so consumers have the opportunitybuy a stove for a baththis and other modifications in a large variety.
Pricing for popular domestic models:
|Model name (manufacturer)||Cost, rub.|
There is no uniquely bad or good design. The optimal furnace is selected based on the conditions of the room where it is planned to be installed, and the requirements of the individual buyer.
Stove for bath: how to choose the optimal design
If you are planning to purchasestove for bath, to facilitate the selection will help a number of parameters that are worth paying attention to:
- the level of heat capacity depends on the size of the steam room (a model with a high power rating in a small room will provoke overheating, and a low-power stove in a large bath will very quickly break down due to high load);
- A kind of firebox, which can be portable or built-in. In the first case, the furnace is served from a waiting room;
- material - most models consist of a multi-layer metal, which eliminates the appearance of burns due to accidental contact with the furnace body;
Water tank suspended from outsidebath stove
- types of furnace- with frequent use of the bath, it is recommended to install a closed structure that retains heat for a long time. Open oven options are mounted in steam rooms, used very rarely;
- the volume of stones - a large number of stones contributes to a longer retention of heat, and, consequently, reduce the consumption of firewood;
- Brand - products of leading manufacturers with high efficiency and extensive functionality.
Note!Some models are cladding in the form of ceramic tiles or stones of natural origin.
Finnish stove for a bath on the wood from popular manufacturers
Kiln constructionsFinnish production is associated by consumers with the concept of reliability and comfort. The cost of products is much higher than domestic ones. But the advantageous characteristics of Finnish products justify the high price.
Finnish stovesassociated with high reliability, comfort and ease of operation
- Kastor - heating is carried out due to thermal radiation coming from the stones and the walls of the case. At the core of the design is the principle of convection.The most advantageous characteristics of the products are high quality materials used in the manufacture of furnaces, an attractive exterior design, a special air exchange system and doors made of glass;
- Helo - the model range includes modifications for domestic use in home saunas (low power and price) and designs for public saunas (wide functionality, high efficiency);
- Harvia - the brand's products are distinguished by long periods of effective service, durability, environmental friendliness and high speed of heating the room.Ovenseconomical;
- Narvi - the company's equipment offers consumers ease of operation, simplicity and high heating rate.
The average cost of Finnish stoves:
|Kastor||23000 – 38000|
|Helo||35000 – 40000|
|Harvia||21000 – 38000|
|Narvi||37000 – 45000|
Construction of the furnace, for giving, from a brick and metal
Brick designs are made by hand. For high-quality and fast construction, you can resort to the help of specialists.
Helpful advice!At the initial stage of work is the organization of the foundation. Unlike steel or cast-iron construction, heavy installationbrick kilndirectly to the floor surface is unacceptable.
Accommodationmetal ovenand a water tank in the bath: 1 - stove-heater with a hot-water jacket; 2 - stainless steel chimney pipe (115 mm); 3 - chimney cutting; 4 - non-flammable wall covering; 5 - drain valve; 6 - hot water tank; 7 - hot water dispensing tap; 8 - heat resistant pipes; 9 - partition; 10 - bench for the basin
- the formation of the pit (depth - 0.3 m, dimensions of 0.1 m exceed the dimensions of the furnace on each side);
- soil tamping;
- formation of crushed stone cushion (layer thickness - 0.1 m);
- sand formation and compaction (thickness - 0.1 m);
- installation of wooden formwork;
- the formation of the frame of reinforcement (diameter 12 and 8 mm);
Brick brick stovehand-built
- filling the foundation under the furnace with a concrete mix (thickness - 0.1 m);
- drying for 3 weeks (the formwork can be removed before the final hardening);
- installation of waterproofing, insulating interlayers (steel sheet or asbestos cardboard);
- laying brick using clay mortar.
Organization of small metal furnaces
Metal structures are less inert than brick structures. Their cooling is as fast as heating.For small steam rooms suitable small-sized version of the product with the tank, placed above the chamber where the steam stones are stored.
Compactstove sauna heater with water tank(a is a continuous stove; b is a batch stove): 1 - ashpit; 2 - firebox of the oven; 3 - tank filled with stones; 4 - a bucket of water; 5 - exit chimney; 6 - water bucks; 7 - barrel filled with stones; 8 - a door for steam
Sheet steel with a thickness of 3-5 mm is required for self-manufacturing of the body. You can use large diameter steel pipes or barrels.
In the upper zone of the housing are cameras for stones. In the side of the door is mounted, through which watering of steam stones will be carried out.
Next is the lining, made of refractory bricks for the firebox, as well as for the chamber with stones.
Photo: smallmetal bathhouse with built-in tank
In the process of suchovenshot gases and fire will pass through the stones and heat them with water. For flue gases should be organized chimney from the middle of the tank. It is recommended to use a sandwich pipe.
Buildingbath stovedo it yourselfhas a lot of advantages.However, without the relevant skills and knowledge, it is better to resort to the help of specialists or to purchase a ready-made construction of cast iron or metal.