Spinach: The Benefits and Harms of Green Product
Raw spinach contains a lot of usefulmicroelements and vitamins, which are necessary for the human body. The modern plant has up to two dozen varieties, and the useful properties do not diminish with the breeding of hybrids. Let us consider in detail all the advantages and disadvantages of using this green product.
Spinach, the benefits and harm of which have been known for a long time,actively grows in our region. Quite often it can be found in country cottages or orchards. Spinach is planted for addition in salads or for extinguishing with meat. This green product contains a variety of mineral salts, trace elements and vitamins. Here are some of them:
- vitamins PP, C, A, group B;
- vitamin D2 (an excellent remedy for the prevention of rickets);
- protein (the content of this substance in spinach is so great that only green peas can match it);
- a huge amount of iodine, which is simply necessary for the body to prevent aging and not only.
Another excellent quality of spinach is the safety of all elements when cooking, which is very important for those who do not use fresh greens.
Spinach, the benefit and harm of which has long been known to man, has the following properties:
- increases hemoglobin in the blood due to the high content of iron salts in the product;
- protects the body from various infections;
- replenishes the reserves of most vitamins, which is very important in the spring;
- helps in the prevention of hypertension, strengthens blood vessels;
- prevents retinal detachment of eyes and retains vision;
- normalizes the pancreas and has a mild laxative effect, cleansing the intestines;
- slows the aging of cells;
- Spinach is often recommended to children who have rickets diagnosed;
- another excellent property of this green plant is the soothing and relaxing effect, which makes it possible to remove irritability and normalize sleep.
Negative qualities: spinach
The benefits and disadvantages of this product are not equal. It can be said with certainty that in fact the plant has no negative consequences for the organism. However, it should be remembered that the use of old leaves in food can lead to negative reactions. All because oxalic acid accumulates over time, which can affect organs such as the kidneys and liver. Minimize the effect of this component is helped by the heat treatment of spinach with the addition of cream or milk in the dish. If the prepared product is stored for several days, it starts to accumulate nitrogenous salts, which also adversely affect the body. Try to cook spinach at one time. There is one more drawback, but for some this is an advantage. The greens are weakened, but in passing and cleanses the intestines, so in large quantities spinach is eaten only by those who decided to lose weight.
Recipe: spinach with egg
Gently sort through the greens and wash. Put it in a saucepan and pour a little hot water (no more glass). Boil on a small fire for 10 minutes, then, together with the released liquid, wipe through a sieve. Prepare the sauce by frying a spoonful of flour with butter, and then boiling with a glass of milk and salt. Add sugar and a little nutmeg. The dish is served as follows: on the edges of the plate are put on toast or toast, in the middle is laid out a green mixture, and on top is decorated with a boiled egg. All is ready.
In this article, we considered a plant such asspinach. The benefits and harms of this product are very relative, because if one is a laxative effect - this is harm, then for another it can be extremely useful.