Simple ways to quickly cure barley on the eye of an adult and a child at home with medication and folk remedies. List of the best antibacterial drops and barley ointments on the eye
With a weakened immunity in a person there are various diseases. One of these unpleasant diseases is barley. It is an acute infection that is caused by Staphylococcus (golden) bacteria. Such purulent inflammation of the eyelid causes itching, irritation, pain.If you do not begin treatment immediately, the pathology begins to progress. Consider further how to cure barley at home with the help of medicines and folk remedies.
The main thing in the article
Where does barley on the eye come from: causes of disease
The sources of this infection are varied. It can be:
- Weak immune system. With this condition, a person often shows signs of the disease. In addition to the treatment of barley, the patient should take measures to enhance their immunity.
- Hypothermia. People who are prone to colds after a long time on the street in the cold or in bad weather also suffer from this disease.
- Diabetes mellitus, seborrhea, chronic blepharitis. Patients with one of these pathologies are a risk group for the occurrence of purulent inflammation in the eyelid.
- Non-compliance with hygiene. Barley often appears in people who do not follow the basic rules of eye hygiene. Dirty hands, stale handkerchiefs, and general use towels cause inflammation of the eyelid.
- Poor cosmetic products. Shadows, mascara, eyeliners, which are made from poor quality raw materials - direct sources of barley and other eye pathologies.
- Tick - demodex. This tick can live on human skin. If it lives in the eyelashes, it is quite possible the manifestation of infection of the eyelid.
Barley treatment on the eye at home
Already at the first sign of barley, you have to start doing something. At home you can apply drops, ointments, about which you will see detailed information below, as well as traditional medicine.
One of the most effective is to usealoe. This medicinal plant is not uncommon - it grows in many on the windowsill. The most effective are flowers that are more than three years old. For the treatment of barley:
- Tear off a large piece of paper.
- Wash it thoroughly under running cold water.
- Scissors cut the spiky sides of the sheet.
- Divide the aloe leaf into two parts and the side where the plant pulp is located, apply it to the inflamed eyelid.
- Repeat the procedure preferably at least 5-6 times a day. Keep the leaf on the eyelid for about 15 minutes.
Dry compresses and warming procedures from barley on the eye
Treatment with warming compresses is effective only at the first symptoms of barley. If swelling has already appeared, then in no case do not perform these procedures, otherwise the abscess may increase.
Apply heat compresses after treating the eyelid with alcohol. As compresses, warming agents are used:
- Egg. At first, you will need to cook it, and then wrap it in a clean scarf. Keep it for 5-7 minutes near the site of inflammation.
- Potatoes. The essence is the same as before. Cook the root vegetable. Brush it, mash it. Wrap in cloth and hold for 7 minutes on the eyelid. Heat should be pleasant, not burning.
- Sea salt. Heat it in a pan, wrap it in gauze and steam eyelid.
- Minin's blue lamp. Keep your face at a distance of 65 centimeters from the lamp, with your eyes closed. The procedure should last no more than 6-8 minutes. Repeat the process 4 times a day.
Antibacterial drops for the treatment of barley
Eye drops of this type are preparations of a wide spectrum of action. They are able to remove various inflammations, relieve pain, prevent further spread of purulent processes.
To use the dosage forms of this series should be in a certain sequence, then you will feel the maximum effect of their action.
- Before you drop the eye, heat the vial with the drops in your hands. Do not drip cold solution into the inflamed organs of vision.
- Wash your hands before the process.
- For the first time, for confidence, make a burial near the mirror.
- Tilt your head back, move your eyelid with your left hand, look up.
- Blow the eye with the other hand. Move the pupil around the sides so that the medicine spreads over the entire surface of the eyeball.
- If you yourself can not cope with this process, then ask someone to make a burying.
IMPORTANT! Preparations for the treatment must choose a doctor. After examining the patient, only an optometrist will tell you which drops, ointments will quickly relieve you of barley.
Drops Tobreks: description of the drug
These drops have a wide range of effects on various eye infections, including they are effective in barley.
- This drug should not be used with drugs containing tetracycline.
- For patients who are intolerant of Tobrex components.
How to drip?
- In the ordinary course of the disease, it is enough to bury the drops.4 times a day, 2 dropsinto the eye.
- In case of a complicated infection, adults are allowed to use the drops every hour.
IMPORTANT! If, when using these drops in a patient, there is a violation of the clarity of vision, then it is not recommended to control the transport and to perform work requiring increased attention.
Albucidum drops: how to apply with barley?
Albucid drops are widely used to treat the inflamed eyelid as a result of a bacterial infection. Already on the second day of the drug you will feel the improvement. It is recommended that they bury their eyes4 times a day2 drops in each eye. If the infection is already in a neglected state, then the frequency of instillation can change up to 7-8 times a day.
The only thingcontraindicationthe drug is an individual intolerance to its components. If there is a burning sensation in the eyes, then reduce the frequency of the procedures and reduce the concentration of the solution.
IMPORTANT: After bubble depressurization - the shelf life of drops is reduced to 28 days.
Drops Floksal for the treatment of barley on the eye
This drug does not cause any discomfort. It should be applied1 drop in the eye 4 times a day. During treatment, wearing lenses is contraindicated. Children are prescribed by an optometrist.
- allergenic reactions to the drug;
- pregnancy, breastfeeding.
Floroxal is recommended to be used for no more than two weeks; overdose may occurside effects:
- Photophobia, burning;
- Redness, discomfort in the eyeball;
- Dizziness, lack of sharpness;
Effective barley ointment
The most effective anti-barley ointments are those that have 4th generation antibiotics. After all, the dosage forms of this division of the list of contraindications is reduced to the minimum calculation.
How to use this medicine?
- Wash your hands with soap and water before the process.
- Squeeze a small strip of ointment on your index finger.
- Use the fingers of your other hand to move the eyelid.
- Apply the ointment to the space between the eyeball and the eyelid.
- Massage a little so that the ointment is distributed in the right place.
- It is necessary to do the procedure twice a day.
- It is convenient to carry out it at home, as for some time the clarity of vision is lost, there is discomfort.
Tetracycline ointment for barley treatment
This drug is normally tolerated by patients. And he is known to medicine for many years. But this ointment also hasa number of contraindications. Namely:
- Allergenic reactions, pathologies of the kidneys.
- Fungal pathologies of various etiologies.
- Low content in the circulatory system of leukocytes.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding period.
- Cannot be used by children under five years old.
- Apply no moretwo weeks twice a day.
Erythromycin barley ointment on the eye
This ointment affects the area of infection softer than tetracycline, as the active ingredient is less toxic here than the previous drug. And yet you should not use medicine for patients who have:
- allergenic reactions;
- pathology of the kidneys, liver;
- pregnancy, lactation.
Ointment Levomekol: application from barley
As part of this drug, there are two main active ingredients:
- immunostimulating ingredient.
Sometimes ophthalmologists recommend this drug to patients. Here only its application can be various.In particular, it is used as a point of application to the inflamed areas, as a compress. Generally -Levomekolhas only the properties of the destruction of infections caused by bacteria, has anti-inflammatory effect.
IMPORTANT: You can not use Levomekol often, this ointment is addictive.
Ointment Hydrocortisone for the treatment of barley
An effective drug, its effectiveness is manifested throughout the day. You can not use it for more than 14 days, there is a danger of overdose.
- fungal infections;
- violation of the integrity of the cornea;
- high blood pressure;
- eye tuberculosis;
Ointment Floksal: Description
For treatment use ointment 2-3 times a day. The dosage of ointment for single use should be 1.5 centimeters long. The duration of the course of use is half a month.
- Pregnancy and HBV.
- Allergenic reactions to the components of the drug.
How to get rid of barley with Vishnevsky ointment?
This antiseptic form of the drug is used when there is an abscess on the eyelid.It is due to the composition of the ointment (tar, xeroform, castor oil) when it is used as a compress on the eye, the barley is opened. Compress with a bandage do usually for the night.
Contraindications: Allergenic reactions to the components of the ointment.
Barley Tea and Herbs: The Best Recipes
- In order for the barley to pass as quickly as possible, you should mix the flowersdaisies,wild rosemary,bird cherries,calendula(in the same proportions). After - take 30 grams of herbs, pour boiling water, send to a water bath for 12-15 minutes. From gruel wrapped in cheesecloth, make lotion.
- Dry leavesplantain (3 tablespoons)pour boiling water (250 ml), leave to infuse for 60-65 minutes. Then apply the strained decoction every 1-2 hours in the form of lotions.
- TakeDill seedsin the amount of 15 g, grind into flour. After that, the resulting powder pour boiling water, let stand. After 20 minutes, filtered tea is applied to the source of infection.
Folk remedies for the treatment of barley on the eye
- At the first signs of barley, warming the eye with flax seeds helps. To do this, heat them in a frying pan to a pleasantly warm state, wrap them in a clean cotton fabric, warm the eyelid.
- With this infection in the old days, people used the usual yogurt. A cloth was moistened in it and applied to inflammation.
- Soda (30 g), diluted in 125 ml of boiled water, quickly relieves inflammation if applied to the eyelid as a compress for unpleasant sensations (itching, burning).
Conspiracies from the people for the treatment of barley: alternative medicine
In ancient times, healers were able to talk various diseases, including barley. For the disease to recede, they performed certain rituals and recited prayers. See below for some of them.
Barley on the eye of a child: what you need to know during treatment?
Treatment of barley in children requires a serious approach. Do not let the disease take its course. After all, the usual barley can be a harbinger of various serious diseases, such as diabetes. Therefore, if the baby is prone to frequent infections of this type, it will not hurt, in addition to the ophthalmologist, to also visit other specialist doctors: an endocrinologist, an immunologist, a gastroenterologist, and an infectious disease specialist.
More children should be taught how to properly observe the elementaryhygiene standards:
- wash your hands properly with soap;
- use hygienic, wet wipes for a walk;
- do not rub eyes with dirty hands;
- nails should be cut short;
- in the morning after sleep, wash your face and wash your eyes;
- wipe off with your towel only.
Quick and easy ways to cure barley at home in a day
If you feel unpleasant itching in the zone of the century, discomfort during its movement, then proceed to urgent measures. In the case when the pathology is not neglected, the suppuration of the eyelid may not develop. You only need to cauterize the affected area with alcohol-containing solutions:
- green paint
IMPORTANT! Before you begin the process of treating the century, be sure to wash your hands. Cauterize cautiously do with cotton buds, do not touch the mucous membrane of the eyes.
If an abscess has already appeared, then for a quick recovery, use medical formulations with antibiotics. And in any case, do not warm up the barley, otherwise the situation will worsen.
To avoid the development of this pathology, follow a number of preventive measures:
- Do not rub your eyes with dirty hands.
- When buying cosmetic products, pay attention to their quality and shelf life.
- In the period of exacerbation of infections drink vitamin preparations.
- Visit a specialist to identify any chronic illnessesif you have an infectious disease periodically, several times a season.
- Use only your towel for morning procedures and showering, bathing.
After the above information, it will be easier to deal with the manifestation of infection in the eyelid. And yet do not be lazy to visit specialist ophthalmologists. Indeed, sometimes the disease enters an acute phase when the temperature rises and the general condition worsens. Do not allow such a development of the disease.