Samsung Washing Machine Errors: How to Understand the Malfunction and Repair
So that the owner can find out the washing machine errorsSamsung,The manufacturer has created a signal system. In the event of a fault, the display shows a specific code consisting of letters and numbers.
On those devices where the monitor is absent, the corresponding indicators of the buttons on the display light up. Knowing the decoding of the code, you can fix a minor failure without the help of professionals.
Symptoms of major problems
Elementary diagnostics can be carried out by the presence of previously unobservable deviations in the operation of the machine or changes in its appearance.
A similar phenomenon can occur with heavy wear of mechanical parts. The problem is solved by replacing them with new ones.
If the smell of burning is clearly felt, this is a signal of the occurrence of a short circuit. The machine should be turned off and turn to professionals.
Recording unusual noises
There is a lot of noise during the filling of the tank with water - the reason lies in the big pressure. If adjusting the inlet valve does not work, there may be foreign objects in the supply hose.
Periodic rumble duringspinsays that the machine is incorrectly installed, either a foreign object has fallen into the drum or a body. In this case, the unit should be well inspected and reinstalled.
The cause of the noise during the discharge may be the skew of the underlying surface. To eliminate the loud sound, you must properly install the case and make sure that the drain pump filter is clean.
If during operation a motor roars or a knock appears, consult a professional.
Body color change
The paint can peel off and change the shade when installing the washing machine in a room with high humidity.The lower part of the unit body and its bottom usually suffer.
If the damage is minor, you can tint and clean the places of change. To further troubleshoot the problem, you must reinstall the machine in a dry, well-ventilated room.
Various water leaks
The presence of puddles flowing from under the hull speaks of flaws in the hoses intended for draining and supplying water. If at independent inspection cracks and holes are really found, then the elements should be replaced. Otherwise, expert intervention will be required.
If the powder loading compartment is full or clogged it can also flow. Clean the compartment well to fix the problem.
If the examination revealed a leak from the places where the pipes are connected to the machine, you need to repeat the assembly or replace the sealing part.
Failure of the door
Jamming reports a power outage.In this case, to open the door, you need to press and hold the power button in such a state for a long time.
If the door does not close, perhaps it is hampered by an excessive amount of laundry in the drum or by the ingress of foreign objects into the gap.
Symbols hang and there is no backlight - this may indicate moisture ingress into the control panel. Disconnect the machine from the mains and dry it for 24 hours. If the display does not light up when turned on or unknown characters appear on it, you should contact the service center.
Possible errors and solutions
If a combination of numbers and letters appears on the display of the washing machine, or a model without a screen displays a combination of burning light bulbs, after which the machine stops working - this means that certain problems have occurred.
Knowing the decoding codes, you can quickly navigate the severity of the problem and determine whether this is a consequence of the user's inattention or a serious breakdown, requiring the intervention of professionals.
№1: violations in the pressostat
The appearance on the screen of such combinations as1E, E7, 1Cindicates the deviations in the water sensor, the so-calledpressostat. On models where the display is not provided, in this case the indicators of all washes flash and the indicators of all temperature modes except 60 ° C are flashing.
The car starts to signal about a failure literally right after switching on. Most often, this failure requires contacting an expert, but in some cases you can fix the problem yourself.
To eliminate violations, you should do the following:
- For 5 minutes, disconnect the machine from the mains. If the reason is covered in a one-time malfunction of the sensor, the unit will begin to perform the program normally.
- It is necessary to check all contacts frompressostatbefore the control module. It is likely that the cause of the error lies in disconnecting one of the connectors.
- In order to detect a problem, it is necessary to check the condition of the tube connecting the water level sensor to the pressure tapping chamber. Perhaps she leaned over or flew off.To correct the error should return it to its original position.
If the above works have been done, and the code still appears on the display, it is better to contact the service center and entrust the repair to specialists.
No. 2: problems with the washing machine tachometer
Codes3E, 3E1, 3E2, 3E3, 3E4, 3C, 3C1, 3C2, 3C3, 3C4, 8E, 8E1, 8C, 8C1, EAmay appear on the screen as a result of an errortachometer. This small device is responsible for the engine performance of a certain number of revolutions.
How to quickly restore the functions of the machine when the 3E code appears on the display, the video will show:
On models without a display, in such cases, the wash modes will flash and the temperature indicators 40 ° C and 60 ° C will light up.
- A quantity of laundry is loaded into the drum, the weight of which exceeds the established norm and the engine simply cannot pull such a load. If there is a clue in this, then after extracting a part of the erasable things and restarting the device continues to work normally.
- Demonstration of the code of the described error in the washing machines "Samsung"May occur due to accidental failure. To check the option you need to turn off the machine from the outlet and then turn it on after a couple of minutes.
If the restart is successful - there is no reason to worry.
No. 3: problems with the water supply system
How to decode errors4E, 4CorE1? If during washing or rinsing the machine stopped performing the program, and the indicated flashing combinations appeared on the display - this is a message about the cessation of water entering the drum with the laundry. On models without a screen, in this case the indicator lights of washing modes and the minimum temperature light up.
The reasons for the error may be several:
- The inlet hose, through which water enters the machine, is clamped with something.
- There was a blockage in the filter located at the outlet of the same hose.
- The user simply forgot to open the valve of the tap supplying water.
- The pressure is too low.
- There is no cold water in the system.
To determine the exact cause, you should restart the program and listen for the sound of flooded water.
Further actions are completely dependent on the presence or absence of sound:
- If it is heard, but the car is standing and continues to indicate an error - perhaps the drum is overloaded or things that take in almost all the water from the tank are erased.
- When it is clearly heard that the water enters, the weight of the laundry corresponds to the norms specified in the instructions and the fabric does not absorb water much, but the flashing display still indicates an error, you need to check the water pressure. Most likely, it is weak.
If there is no sound of flooded water with the supply tap open and the system has a normal pressure, do the following: clean the filter mesh, reboot the control unit by disconnecting from the socket for 15 minutes, then turn on the machine and re-start the same washing mode.
No. 4: failure of the drain system
What to do if the display shows the code5EorE2? In models without a display, the machine signals by flashing all wash modes and illuminated temperature indicator of 40 ° C. An error indicates a problem with the discharge of water.
The reasons for the appearance of the code may be as follows:
- The hose through which the machine drains water is clogged or bent over. After cleaning or returning the hose to its normal position, normal operation of the unit is restored.
- Drain filter clogged. To check the version you need to remove, clean, rinse andscrew inbackwards
- Siphon clogged, located in the place where the machine is connected to the sewer To eliminate this problem, you need to disconnect the drain hose from the place of connection to the drain, immerse it in any container, run the program and wait for the water to drain. If it flows freely, it is urgent to clean the siphon.
The machine can produce such an error in case of the discharge of the contacts of the drain pump. After a tight connection, the code does not appear on the screen.
A single failure in the system can also cause a demonstration of the error. To check this, you need to turn off the device and after 10-15 minutes turn it on again.
No. 5: Reaction to power surges
How to determine the causes of errorsUc, 9C, 9E1, 9E2and eliminate them? These numbers and letters may appear at any time during program execution. They mean a shortage or excess of the voltage in the network within a few seconds. In essence, this is a volt control that protects electrical components.
If the error appeared on the screen and then quickly disappeared, the jump in the network was short-lived. In this case, you do not need to do anything. Long-term reflection of the code on the screen can be a signal of problems in the electrical network.
The reasons for the reflection of the signal may be as follows:
- Regular power outages. With such problems, it is worthwhile to install a stabilizer.
- Failure in the system of volt control. In this case, it is enough to restart the program by turning off the washing machine.
- Using a poor-quality extension cord to connect the unit to the network can also be a reason for demonstrating an error. His replacement will solve the problem.
Very often, the error of the volt control is displayed on the display in case of poor-quality wiring, old sockets, etc. After replacing these elements, everything falls into place.
№6: one-time failure in the work of the machine
How to fix the errorAE, AC, 13E? The listed error codes appear in the event of interruption of communication between control boards, whose function is to receive information from multiple sensors, process it, and issue commands to executing mechanisms.
You can correct the error by disconnecting the device from the network. If it was a one-time failure - when you restart the machine will work normally.
In the case when, after turning off, the code is displayed again on the screen, you need to call the wizard for accurate diagnostics
№7: accidents in the control system
What do the codes say6E, Eb, bE, bE1, bE2, bE3? On models without a display, in the event of this error, the inclusion of all the lights of the washing modes and all temperature indicators except 60 ° C is noted.
There are several reasons for the demonstration of the error:
- Problems with the triac, responsible for the operation of the engine machine. Normally, he turns it on and off and sets the desired number of revolutions.
- Violations in the buttons of the washing machine.
- The control module has a problem.
You can try to fix the error yourself. First, unplug the machine from the network and turn it back on. If the reboot helped, it was a one-time error.
The numbers on the display may indicate sticking or, conversely, the lack of contact of one of the buttons on the control panel. To solve the problem, you should click the buttons several times or hold them down. The specified encoding may indicate overload.power socketsor its faults.When replacing a new car again starts to work well.
No. 8: errors in operating modes
This problem segment is indicated byCE, AC, 4С2. On models without screens, a similar error is reflected by the flashing of all wash modes and the temperature indicator button on the top that lights up with a light bulb. In this case, the code indicates an excess of water temperature.
To correct the error, first of all you need to check whether the inlet hose is connected to the hot water pipe. If this is all right, you should restart the machine. With a one-time failure, it will work normally.
No. 9: improper preparation for washing
How to respond to combinationsDE, DE1, DE2, DC, DC1, DC2, ED? Units without screens react to an error by flashing all washing modes and temperatures. The combination shown indicates that the door is not closed.
Eliminating the error is simple - you should check the condition of the door of the machine. Perhaps a piece of thread, entangled hook, or lock interferes with the mechanism.Perhaps one of the details of the door bent.
What to do - appearedH1, H2, HE, HE1, HE2, HC, HC1, HC2, E5, E6? On the panel of the machine, where the display is not provided, the washing indicators turn on, as well as the second top and bottommost temperature indicators. It should be noted that when working without heating, the error does not appear.
There are two main reasons for the error:
- The unit is not properly connected to the mains.
- Does not work (heating element).
If you try to correct the situation yourself, you should check that the unit is properly connected to the mains. In the case of using an extension cord, it is better to replace it with a new one or connect it directly.
If, as a result of the actions taken, the machine again indicates a problem, you should contact the professionals.
What does the appearance of a combination mean?LE, LC, E9? Machines without a screen signal problems with burning washing buttons and temperature indicators located at the very bottom and at the top.
This error occurs on the screen when water leaks from the unit. There are several reasons for its occurrence:
- Hose for discharge lies below the prescribed level.
- It is incorrectly connected to the sewer system.
- Water leaks through a hole or crack in the tank.
In order to troubleshoot, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the unit from the power supply.
- Check which position the drain hose is in. Normally, he must first go up, and then go down.
- Check if the drain filter is open. Leakage can also occur through it.
- Disconnect the hose designed to drain water from the sewer and put it to the end of a sink or other container.
Then restart the machine. If everything went fine, the reason is eliminated.
What does the appearance on the display meanUE, UB, E4? In this case, on the control panel without a display, the blinking of all modes of washing and the temperature indicator of the second from above are noted.The combination indicates the difficulty of the machine with the even distribution of the laundry in front ofspinning.
To correct the situation, you must perform the following steps:
- Drain the water from the tank.
- Disconnect the machine from the mains.
- After waiting 15 minutes to open the door.
- Having unraveled the laundry knocked down in a pile, distribute it evenly over the tank.
- Close the door and start the further execution of the program.
In some cases, after the manipulations, the machine continues to operate normally.
№10: damage to the temperature sensor unit
What to do if the screen showstE, Ec, tc? If the machine is not equipped with a display, with an identical fault on the control panel of the washing machineSamsungall washing modes and temperature indicators “60 ° С” and “60 ° С” come on.
Error indicates a problem withthermal sensorresponsible for measuring the temperature of the water in the unit.
You can fix the damage yourself by overloading. If this action did not bring any results, you need to contact the service center. Most likely, you will need to replace the sensor either.
No. 11: signal for increased foaming
The appearance of combinations (5ud)orSd (5d)the screen indicates that there is too much foam in the tank. Most often this is due to the use of a powder that is not suitable for washing in an automatic machine.
The amount of detergent is also easy to calculate: the norm is 1 tbsp. on 1 kg of linen in a dry form.
In this case, no action is required. After sedimentation of foam the unit will automatically continue washing.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
What are the error codes and how to act when they occur on the display of the machine, you can learn from the following video:
The combination of numbers or indicator lights - tips, with which in most cases you can quickly navigate and fix problems yourself without contacting the workshop. This opportunity will help even the ignorant owner of the technique to save considerably both time and money.