Planting onions in 2019: calendar
In order for the year 2019 to please you with a good harvest of onions, do not forget to look in for the coming year and in time to plant an indispensable vegetable.
Onions can be grown from seeds or used for this small onion-sets. In the first case, you get a feather or, if you do not cut it, a small onion sets for growing turnips out of it in a year. Some varieties allow for one season to get a turnip. Seeds can be sown both in the soil and as seedlings at home. Feathers are very delicate and are ideal for salads. Usually, sweet and semi-sharp varieties are grown in this way.
At home, the seeds can be planted at the end of winter or at the beginning of spring, but in the ground only after there is no threat of frost on the soil. Usually sowing occurs in early May. Although onions and unpretentious in growing, still to get a good harvest, you must adhere to the lunar calendar. Seeds are usually planted on a growing moon.Constellations Taurus, Cancer and Pisces are considered favorable for vegetable crops, but if the moon is in Aquarius or Leo, then this is bad for the seeds. Onion crops in 2019 are produced on the following dates:MonthFavorable daysUnfavorable days
|January||10, 11, 15, 16||5-9, 12, 19, 21|
|February||6-8, 12, 13, 17||4, 5, 18, 19|
|March||10-12, 15, 16||3, 4, 6, 17, 18, 21, 30, 31|
|April||7, 8, 11, 12||5, 13-15, 19|
|May||08.10.2018||5, 11, 12, 24, 25, 28, 31|
If you sow seeds for seedlings or for growing feathers at home, you only need to know when you can plant onions in 2019, focusing on the table above. If you plan to transplant it into the ground, then it should be done 50-60 days after sowing the seeds. For this, the following dates are defined:MonthFavorable daysUnfavorable days
|April||29, 30||27, 28|
|May||8-10, 13-16||5, 11, 12, 19|
Onions, unlike naughty tomatoes and peppers, are not afraid of frost, especially when it comes to already grown plants. In order for the seedlings to start, you should not go deeper into the onion, leaving the heart (the central feather) open, and care must be taken to ensure that the roots do not rise up. For quicker adaptation of seedlings in open ground, it is recommended to harden planting material in advance, bringing trays to the open air for 15-30 minutes.MonthFavorable daysUnfavorable days
|April||3, 21, 23, 26, 30||5, 18-20, 27|
|May||4, 20, 22, 23, 26, 27||5, 11, 18-20, 28|
Petty sevok, oversized, can be planted before winter. So in early spring you can already get a fragrant green onion or by July have already formed turnips. This method is suitable for cold-resistant varieties and has its advantages:
- Safety of sevka. In order for planting material to well overwinter, careful care is needed for planting. Bulbs can not peremerzat and dry up. Oatsuzhka planted in the ground is well preserved and by spring is strong enough.
- A way to avoid plant disease. In the spring, a still fragile landing damages the onion fly. Ovsyuzhka is already formed by May, and it does not allow the crop to die.
- When it comes time to dig onions, the garden season will be in full swing. On the vacated site, you can put something else.
On the calendar, you can determine when to plant the oversized onion in 2019MonthFavorable daysUnfavorable days
|September||19-21, 30||13-15, 27, 28|
|October||1-3, 10, 11, 29, 30||7-9, 14, 27, 28|
General rules of onion planting
- The soil. This plant prefers dry soil with a pH of 6.5-8.0. Sour soils are not for onions, they must first lime. If planting is planned for spring, then in autumn it is necessary to fertilize the soil with rotted manure with peat.Fresh manure is not strictly used, as it stimulates the growth of greenery and slows the formation of turnips.
- Material for planting (seeds or sevok) should be without signs of rotting and fungus. Sevok in diameter should be 1.6-2.7 cm, the skin is dense, brown, without damage.
- Rows on the bed form 15-30 cm apart. Too dense arrangement will not allow to develop a turnip in full.
- Seeds spread through 1.5-2.5 cm from each other. After germination, they are thinned, leaving 3-4 cm, and after landing in the ground leave 6-8 cm.
- Sevok deepen into the soil by 4-5 cm and leave a distance of 8-10 cm. If you want to get only greens, then the onions can be planted after 5-6 cm.
- In the beds that are just beginning to form, it is necessary to regularly remove the weed in order to allow the main plant to grow stronger.
- Watering is carried out once a week, when the turnip will be formed - once every two or three weeks to avoid rotting of the bulb. One month before harvesting, watering is completed completely.
- For feeding use potash and phosphate fertilizers.
- When the feather turns yellow, the leaves will lie on the ground, and the turnip will be covered with dry yellow skin, it is time to dig out the onions.