On a visit to Santa Claus for the winter holidays 2018
New Year is the most beloved holiday, and a trip to visit Santa Claus for the winter holidays of 2018 is a wonderful opportunity to prolong the feeling of being in a fairy tale.
The residence of Santa Claus in Veliky Ustyug
In 1999, the old Russian city Veliky Ustyug was declared the birthplace of Father Frost. It is located in the Vologda region on the bank of the fast and deep Sukhona River. Veliky Ustyug is one of the ancient cities of Russian cities and is famous for amazing monuments of architecture. It has preserved more than 20 churches of the XVII and XVIII centuries. The majestic beauty of nature of the Russian North will not leave you indifferent.
The country residence of the fairy-tale wizard - Votchina - is located in a pine forest, 12 kilometers from the city. From year to year, the number of guests in the Vologda Region grows, and the territory of the residence expands. Now it consists of:
- Houses of Santa Claus, a huge patterned chamber;
- Trails of fairy tales;
- Alley of Miracles;
- Santa Claus Mail;
- Santa Claus Glacier;
- a zoo inhabited by moose, lynx, wolves and other animals of the Russian North;
- souvenir houses, with various products of the New Year theme, crafts of Russian craftsmen;
- folklore entertainment center "Gornitsa".
Winter holidays in the residence of Santa Claus
During the winter holidays, several thousand people visit the land of a good wizard. For small travelers and their parents built comfortable cottages with cozy rooms, equipped kitchens. There are a restaurant, a cafe, a Russian bath, a sauna, a game room.
Already that year, the residence of the New Year wizard is one of the most popular places for family recreation, so it is advisable to book a room in the hotel complex in advance.
The winter entertainment program includes:
- tour of the Santa Claus Palace, which includes: an observatory with a magical telescope, Svetelka magic items, a library, an office, a bedchamber and much more;
- acquaintance on the “Path of fairy tales” with amazing and cheerful characters of the fairy forest;
- visiting the Winter Garden with exotic plants and various flowers;
- visit of Santa Claus Glacier with amazing ice sculptures;
- riding a wonderful stove, a fun little train, horses, deer, dogs, snowmobiles, self-propelled;
- skiing, snowmobiles and snowmobiles;
- riding on tubing from a large ice slide;
- visiting the zoo;
- Events in the folk entertainment center "Gornitsa": tea ceremony, game programs, master classes - making products from birch bark, flax and other natural materials.
The key event of the visit to the residence of the good wizard is a meeting with Santa Claus, who invariably gives amazing gifts.
How to get there
You can get to the hospitable Votchinu using almost all types of transport: airplane, electric train, bus, car. From Moscow and St. Petersburg to Velikiy Ustyug, regular routes of the comfortable YAK-40 were laid.
Moreover, from St. Petersburg, Moscow, Chelyabinsk, Vologda, and Kazan during the winter holidays specialized tourist trains Winter Express on a visit to Santa Claus depart. This train also runs from Perm. Most often, the New Year's tour is designed for 3-4 days.
This is a very exciting journey: while traveling the train.the guys are preparing to meet the wizard, write letters to him, take part in various competitions and quizzes. Upon arrival in Kotlas, everyone sits on the buses and goes to Veliky Ustyug, where they get acquainted with the amazing architectural monuments of North Russian architecture.
In the Valley, children will enjoy a varied entertainment and excursion program for all the sights of the residence and, of course, a meeting with Santa Claus himself. The good wizard will surely give them sweet gifts, will present his credentials.