Maternity capital in 2018
Receiving maternity capital has stimulated many families to have a child. Initially adopted program was temporary. The first years of its operation showed that the allocation of this amount has a positive effect on the birth rate in all regions of the Russian Federation and improves the demographic picture of the country. Therefore, the actual moment remains the payment of maternity capital in 2018.
During 2017, information about possible changes in the size and procedure for the accrual of these funds, as well as that the program could be suspended, was repeatedly heard. All this has generated a lot of assumptions and discrepancies, so you should understand this issue in more detail.
Extension of the program
Initially, the program was launched for 10 years - from January 1, 2007 to December 31, 2016. But without waiting for it to be completed, the President of Russia initiated a review and prolongation of support for families with a second child and older, so the maternity capital accrual lasted until December 31, 2021, according to Law No. 433-ФЗ.
What in practice gives the extension of the program:
- Parents who gave birth to or adopted a second or older child from January 1, 2007 through December 31, 2021 are eligible to receive a state certificate providing material support in the amount of 453 thousand rubles.
- The main parameter is the date of birth indicated in the birth certificate: if it corresponds to the validity of the program, the citizen falls under its implementation. He can apply for a certificate even after December 31, 2021, since, according to the law, the application is indefinite and is not limited by time limits.
- Babies born before 2007 or later than 2021 are not covered by the program, i.e. their parents will not be able to receive certificates even if they apply to the pension fund of the Russian Federation.
This means that during 2018, parents will be able to apply for a certificate, in whose families the babies appeared from 01/01/2007.
After the expiration of the program, citizens who have given birth to children from January 1, 2022 will not be able to submit applications, but funds that have been credited earlier will remain on the personal account and will not “burn”.
The amount of capital in 2018
In the spring of 2017, there was news in the news that it was planned to consider the feasibility of a surcharge of another 250 thousand to the capital.for women under the age of 35 who have given birth to a second baby. Total, the amount should be equal to 653 thousand. Such an idea did not find support, because the initiation mechanism was recognized as ineffective: those who made decisions about two or more children in the family, in the overwhelming majority of cases, do so by 35 years, and additional payments will not be spurred fertility among those who are fundamentally against large families.
The amount of the certificate for 2018 remains unchanged and is 453 thousand rubles. Growth is not observed due to the fact that indexation was frozen 3 years ago, and they can only index the amount after the indexation ban, which will end in 2020.
During 2017, some amendments and improvements were made to the Family Support Act. According to it, the following changes come into force on January 1, 2018:
- If the total family income does not provide 1.5 of the subsistence minimum for each of its members, then the parent can receive monthly sums from the certificate in the amount of the regional subsistence minimum for children until they reach 18 months of age. These funds can be spent on any needs of the family, and not only in targeted areas.This change concerns only those families where the second or more baby was born after 12/31/2017.
- Funds placed on a personal account can be used not only for payment in educational institutions, as was the case until 2018, but also in organizations of various types and forms of ownership that are eligible or licensed to provide such services in the field of education. Most often this innovation concerns kindergartens of the private type, which were previously an unacceptable option, since they did not have a state license as an educational organization.
- Organizations to which parents have the right to pay with “mother money” do not have to comply with a program that has state accreditation. That is, the selected and funded education may be an alternative type.
- The ability to spend money is shifted to earlier terms. Until 2018, this was allowed only from the age of 3 years, and at the moment it is possible to pay for pre-school education with the help of a certificate from the first year of life.
Contrary to expectations, some points remained unchanged:
- the list of directions for targeted use remains the same;
- The law on the issuance of finance for the purchase of a car was once again rejected.
Currently, the reporting system for the current state of the parent capital account has been changed. In all previous years, information about the balance was sent by mail to the Russian pension fund on September 1. Now Internet users will be able to access this data in electronic form at any time, which is much more convenient and gives you the opportunity to receive current information.
Significant changes in target areas for the use of maternity capital in 2018 is not expected. Money can be spent on:
- Improving living conditions. This can be either a renovation of a house or an apartment, or a down payment for mortgage lending or payment of equity. It is also allowed to invest in the construction of a new house. Another option is to pay off monthly mortgage payments for maternity leave.
- Training. In this case, it is possible to train not only the offspring after whose birth the maternity capital was received, but also other children in the family.
- Accumulative share of pension funds for the parent. For this, the funds are transferred to the pension fund of a non-state institution. If a mother or father change their mind about such use of maternity capital after a while, they will be able to return the funds without difficulty and dispose of them otherwise.
- Adaptation in society of children with special needs. This concerns not only the costs of therapy or rehabilitation, but also the maintenance of a disabled child.
Who can be a recipient
In most cases, the mother of the newborn becomes the recipient of the parent capital certificate. For this, the following requirements must be met:
- parents must have a second child and older, and the date of birth must be no earlier than January 1, 2007;
- Parents and children must be citizens of the Russian Federation.
In some cases, the recipient may be a man (father or adopter). This is possible if the mother has died or has been deprived of parental rights, and also if she is serving a term in prison. He can become a recipient even when a woman is a full-fledged mother and spouse, but the couple decides that the parent capital will be issued to the father.
In the event that the father has died, lost his parental rights or is criminally responsible for a crime against his children, he cannot be the certificate holder. In this case, the right is issued to the mother.
Both the father and the mother can become recipients of the parent capital after the adoption of a minor.
Another option is a minor under the age of 18 whose parents have died or are deprived of parental rights. In this case, he has the right to issue the parent capital to himself. This period is extended to 23 years, subject to study in full-time at the university.
The order of registration
In order to claim their maternity capital, a citizen must apply to the branch of the pension fund. This can be done both at the place of registration (registration) and at another place of actual stay.
Before the initial visit it is necessary to prepare the following list of documents:
- your passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation;
- birth certificates of all children in the family;
- proof of citizenship of the child.
To confirm citizenship, you can use a special insert, which was issued before December 31, 2006, or a seal on the birth certificate, which is valid from January 1, 2007
Before visiting a pension fund office, you can print an application form on the FIU website, where there are explanations for the rules for filling it out. It is necessary to fill in the form by hand, but an electronic version with a wet signature is allowed. If it is not possible to download the application in electronic form, the form will be provided directly in the department, where it will be filled out.
The application can be submitted not only through the Pension Fund, it can also be done through the multifunctional center, where the workload and queues are usually less. But in the second case, the registration will take more than 2-3 working days because of the time required to transfer documents from the MFC to the PRF.
Another convenient way of submitting an application that does not require waiting in a queue is proposed - registration on the website of public services. After that, the PF worker will call the specified contact phone number and schedule an individual visit to submit the documents.
Now the government is considering the possibility of extending the maternity capital program for a longer period - until 2023, but so far it is rather difficult to predict such remote prospects.The unstable economic situation does not allow one to give unambiguous forecasts, but the government says that all measures will be aimed at keeping the positions taken in support of families.