Materials for sound insulation of the ceiling in the apartment: an overview of the most relevant and modern
Good sound insulation is silence and quiet pastime in the apartment. To achieve such conditions helps various kinds of insulation, aimed at reducing the noise level in the room. To find out what materials for ceiling insulation used in modern construction, let's look at the most popular to date.
Types of noise
When choosing materials for sound insulation, it is necessary to consider their effectiveness. This is due to the types of noise that will have to absorb. All emerging noises are divided into two types:
- air noises are generated from air vibrations created by the mechanical action of any objects, for example, a closing door. They penetrate the room through cracks and even sockets;
- percussions are generated from mechanical effects on the ceiling.Strong foot stamping spreads over the ceiling of the lower apartment. But with poor sound insulation it can be heard in the apartment, located on the floor above.
The maximum level of silence can be achieved by soundproofing not only the ceiling, but also the walls together with the floor.
Constructions for ceiling sound insulation
To lay materials for sound insulation of the ceiling, you can make additional designs:
- mount the suspended ceiling on the metal frame. It is attached to the floor slabs with suspensions;
- install a suspended ceiling, which is fixed with special brackets around the perimeter of the room. Modern manufacturers offer a huge selection of tension cloths based on fabric or PVC;
- It is possible to make a pivoting structure from any sheet material attached to the metal frame on the ceiling.
Making any of the structures, between it and the floor slabs, you must leave a gap for the installation of sound-proof material.
Arrangement of sound insulation without frame manufacturing
Doing your own hands in the apartment soundproofing the ceiling, you can avoid the time-consuming and costly process of making the frame.This method is suitable for laying noise insulation under the stretch ceiling. There are two ways to do this:
- A common method of attaching sound-proof material is plastic dowels. Their wide caps resemble umbrellas. Soundproof plates are fixed with dowels in the corners and in the center. Also, bonding of plates can additionally be applied;
- Another way of attaching the material is to use adhesive mixtures. Plates are glued to the ceiling and left to glue to dry;
- good reviews are modern materials on the basis of glue, do not require additional purchase of glue. For installation, simply press them with the adhesive side to the ceiling.
The separation of sound-proof material types
The structure of each material has its own characteristics, which determine the percentage of noise elimination in the apartment. The right material can provide 99% silence protection. To understand the structure of the entire system of protection against noise, you need to know that the functionality of the materials are divided into two types:
- the structure of the sound-absorbing material in the base has a soft, porous or fibrous filler.The sound wave, passing through the material, is initially braked and then completely absorbed. Such materials include slabs on a felt, basalt and sinteponovoy basis, mineral wool;
- soundproof. Its functionality is directly opposite to the considered type. The dense and strong structure does not absorb sound, but reflects it from itself. Such material is concrete, brick and other analogues.
The best effect of protection against noise is achieved by the combined use of both types of material. This is a kind of sandwich construction with two outer layers of sound insulation and one inner layer of sound absorption.
Varieties of materials
Good insulation of the apartment, made by hand, depends on the thickness and quality of the material used. Today, the consumer is offered a huge selection of well-known products and new products, for example, membranes, cork and others.
Basalt wool has a high degree of noise absorption due to the fact that it has a special sound absorption structure, which differs from basalt insulation panels. The materials with such a basis are plates of different manufacturers, for example, “Schumanet BM” or “Acoustic Butts”. The plates are resistant to fire and rotting.Their disadvantage is the release of small particles and an unpleasant chemical smell. But this problem is easily solved with the arrangement of additional sealing. The sound absorption efficiency of basalt wool is observed when using plates with a thickness of 50 mm.
This type of insulation is made on the basis of fiberglass. Fourteen millimeter filler is enclosed in a protective sheath - a polypropylene membrane. After installation, the insulation does not require sealing, which reduces the complexity of the work with their own hands and is cost-effective.
The manufacturer recommends laying the insulation in two layers: far and wide. The resulting small thickness can reduce the sound permeability of the ceiling by 22 dB.
Probably, the first and most common material can be considered mineral wool. In addition to absorbing noise, it reduces heat loss, is easy to install, has a lower cost relative to other modern insulation. Consumer mineral wool is available in the form of a mat or roll.
For its installation you will need to construct a wooden frame on the ceiling with your own hands.His slats should have a smaller spacing for the cotton to fit tightly under them. For reliability, the mineral wool is nailed with nails or plastic dowels, umbrellas.
The disadvantage of mineral wool is instability to dampness. So that it does not swell from moisture, waterproofing is placed under it, and the top is covered with a vapor barrier film. This is especially important in such rooms as bathroom and kitchen.
A little outdated, but not inferior in popularity material - polystyrene foam. He is also an excellent insulant. And although it can not be attributed to environmentally friendly raw materials, besides it is fire hazardous and emits toxic substances during combustion, expanded polystyrene is in demand. This is due to its low vapor permeability, ease of installation with their own hands without any help.
Its structure consists of balls that are increased in volume from gas saturation, which gives them greater elasticity. Plates produce a thickness of from 20 to 100 mm. Their noise absorption level is 23–25 dB.
When installing the plate is fixed to the ceiling with mounting foam or liquid nails. Plastic dowels, umbrellas are used for reliability.
Wood based insulation
Eco-friendly plates Isoplat and Isotex are made on the basis of wood fiber without the addition of fastening adhesives. Coniferous wood is used in their production. The plate thickness of 125 mm reduces sound permeability by 23 dB, and the decorative surface is presented in four colors. Its edges have a groove-ridge connection, which allows you to make your own hands seamless installation. The plates are fixed to the ceiling with glue or nailed to the wooden frame with staples.