Light music do it yourselfMarch 23, 2013
Now young people prefer to go to nightclubs and discos, but there are those who prefer home fun in a trusted company of friends. In this case, handy color music, made by hand. It is much more pleasant to dance under the color music, as it creates a festive mood and maintains the rhythm of the music. On the Internet, you can find a lot of color music circuits, but in this article we offer you a simple version that even a person without knowledge in electronics can make. The scheme of this color music is simple, and for its production is unlikely to take more than an hour.
What you need to make color music
- 3.5 headphone cable
- 12 volt adapter (battery can be used)
- KT817 transistor
- LED 5 mm (the color and quantity, each chooses at its discretion)
- Plexiglas (plexiglass) about the size of a sheet of A4 paper.
- Heat gun
- Soldering iron
- Fine sandpaper
How to make color music
- The box of color music will be rectangular. It is necessary to determine the size and mark up the details on a sheet of plexiglass.
- Cut out the details. In this case, these are 2 plates measuring 5x5 cm and 4 plates measuring 5x15 cm. Cut the plates carefully so that there are no distortions or uneven lines that will be noticeable.
- In the plate, which will be the back wall of the light music housing, two holes are drilled - one of them will be used for the power socket, and the cable from the headphones will pass through the second.
- The finished parts of the box are cleaned of dust.
- For a more spectacular view, the box can be mated. To do this, use fine-grained sandpaper, which process all the walls of the box.
- In the same way you can mate LED lenses.
- Next, collect the box, connecting its parts with glue and heat gun.
Then go to the calculations of the electrical circuit. It is necessary to read how many LEDs you need. For this, the output operating voltage is divided by the nominal operating voltage of one LED and the required number of LEDs is obtained. So, in this example, 12V / 3B = 4 pcs.
It is important to bear in mind that commercially available LEDs may differ not only in color, but also in operating voltage and current.Too powerful LEDs are not recommended in this case. In addition, in the above scheme it is better not to use power supplies with a voltage of more than twelve volts.
- After calculations, you can proceed to the processing of the audio from the headphones. Under its braid there are three conductors, two of which go to the right and left channels, and the third is a common wire. In our case, we need only a common wire and one of the wires of the channels (for example, the left one).
Next, proceed to the assembly scheme, which is shown in the photo. It shows how the elements should be connected.
- Before beginning the assembly work, the audio cable is threaded into a hole drilled in the back wall of the wire.
- All elements are interconnected, focusing on the specified scheme, and after the end of installation, check the correctness of the assembly. To make it easier to navigate the circuit, we will give some points: only two conductors of the audio cable are used (the common wire - it usually goes without a braid, and the diagram shows in yellow) and one of the wires of the channels. When installing the transistor, it is important not to overheat it with a soldering iron and not to confuse the conclusions (K-collector, B - base, E - emitter). Remember that LEDs also have their own polarity and should not be confused.
- After connecting the circuit, you need to check its operation by connecting the audio output to your music device and adjusting the volume to the desired level. With the right scheme, you can finish the creation of color music.
- The power plug is fixed with a thermogun, and the box is closed with the upper plate and secured. Connect the device to the power supply, connect to the music device and now you can enjoy your favorite music, accompanied by rhythmically flashing lights. You can use different colors of diodes to get even better effect.