Ikaria - film of 2019
- World premiere:2019
- Premiere in Russia:2019
- Country of Origin:Russia
- Genre:drama, fiction
- Directors:Yavor Gyrdev
- Cast:Ivan Yankovsky, Maria Fomina, Olga Zirsen, Igor Mirkurbanov, Alexander Gorchilin, Peter Skvortsov, Nikita Kukushkin, Maria Kurdenevich, Irina Gorbacheva, Harold Rosenstrom.
Ikaria is a fantastic drama that should appear on the big screens in 2019. So what kind of surprise will the film bring to impatient viewers?
Bioengineers and genetics make a scientific discovery. They conduct experiments that should not only bring worldwide fame, but also give people immortality. It was decided to conduct research in the framework of a reality show. Participants must clash in an incredible battle, the winner from which only the most courageous and fearless person can emerge. The loser is waiting for imminent death, and the leader will receive not only the audience award, but also be able to find eternal life. An incredible fight begins, in which everyone faces death and sheds blood.
The main role in the anti-utopian film went to Ivan Yankovsky.In peeled things, half-worn wings and burnt skin - this is how the man looked like, who in the story is a half-man-half-bird and tries to fight for immortality. The actor said that the shooting took place not only in Moscow, but also in Malta, and this work was the most difficult in his career, since the man had to be immediately in front of five cameras. Now he feels only relief and is looking forward to the moment when he can see himself on the screen and share his emotions with the audience.
Director and assistants
Asya Temnikova, who is the producer of the film, has brought together real professionals in her team. Irek Hartovich from Poland - the operator, who is in full confidence that he can create a real blockbuster, and he is completely non-vocal. Irek worked on such paintings as Legend 17 and The Crew. Vladimir Todorov ("Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone", "Beowulf" and "Alice in Wonderland") will be engaged in artistic developments at the Hollywood level. In addition, the film is being shot under the direction of Evgeny Mironov, famous for his leading role in one of Valery Todorovsky’s films, for which he received many domestic and international awards and became the best actor in 1992.
Musicians from The Tiger Lillies, who recorded several soundtracks, also had to go to Malta. They even managed to work as actors and star in one of the most important scenes of the film. The performers had to be extremely difficult, since they worked at a temperature of 40 degrees, and they also were not shot in the most comfortable suits, the main attribute of which was the bull mask.
The director and scriptwriter of the film “Ikaria” was Yavor Gyrdev, known for his work on the film “Dzift”, released in 2008. Also, the man is the winner of the Seventh Theater Festival “Golden Harlequin”, as the best director of the play “Udot”.
Casting for the main and minor roles took several months. The executive producer had to make a difficult decision, since all the actors were true professionals who could get into any role. The final cast of the film:
- Ivan Yankovsky (“Indigo”, “Rag Union”, “Without Borders”, “Night Guardians”, “Source”, “Dama Pik”);
- Maria Fomina (“Next”, “Daddy's Daughters”, “Twice in one river”, “Wild”, “The Queen of Spades: Black Rite”, “Mata Hari”);
- Igor Mirkurbanov ("Ellipsis", "Antidur", "Witch Doctor 2: Hunting without rules", "Dama pik");
- Peter Skvortsov (Indigo, Tale.There are "," The Life and Adventures of Mishka Yapchik "," Pupil "," Hit ");
- Alexander Gorchilin (“Teacher’s Day”, “Yes and Yes”, “Zoology”, “City Birds”);
- Irina Gorbacheva (“Compensation”, “My Insane Family”, “Arrhythmia”, “I Lose Weight”);
- Harald Rosenström (“War of the sexes”, “Viking”);
- Rinal Mukhametov (“The Atonement”, “The Three Musketeers”, “Catherine”, “Coma”);
- Alexandra Revenko (“Spider”, “Upward Movement”, “All of You Infuriate Me”);
- Alexander Novin ("Twins", "Escape", "Piranha Hunt", "Apostle", "Dostoevsky");
- Nikita Tarasov ("Lady Boss", "Wide River", "Kitchen", "Battle for Sevastopol", "Monk and Demon");
- Anastasia Tsoi (“Night Watchmen”, “Kitchen: The Last Stand”);
- Sergey Chonishvili (“PiraMMMida”, “Ashes”, “Spy”);
- Nikita Kukushkin ("Correction Class", "Method", "Protection", Duelist "," Walking on the Road ");
- Maxim Linnikov (“Univer”, “Capercaillie”, “Dostoevsky”, “Demons”);
- Vitaly Kornienko (“Voronins”, “Quiet Don”, “The route is built”);
- Kirill Kovbas (“B / W”, “Cuisine: The Last Battle”);
- Mikhail Teynik (“Filfak”, “On the Other Side of Death”);
- Olga Makeeva (“Moms”, “Plaque”, “Forever and Ever”);
- Artyom Markaryan ("Betrayal", "Bothans", "Unknown");
- Igor Ivanov (“Cinderella”, “Two Hussars”, “Streets of Broken Lanterns”, “Yesenin”);
- Stasya Miloslavskaya (“Box”, “Close”, “One breath”, “Ordinary woman”).
Igor Mirkurbanov and Nikita Tarasov
- Filming took place in a water bath and a career where the most memorable scenes from the films “White Squall”, “Troy”, “Captain Phillips”, “Gone” and “The Island of the Goons” were created.
- Ivan Yankovsky believes that he was created specifically for this role, because he loves to perform various tricks without the help of stuntmen.
- The picture is based on the ancient Greek myth of Daedalus and Icarus, who dream of learning to fly.
- For each character, special wing models were invented.
- Not a single scene was shot on the Greek island of Ikaria, where, according to legend, the mythical character drowned, trying to fly using wax wings.
- Many scenes were shot at a height of 18 meters, however stunt stunts were performed not by professionals, but by the actors themselves.
One of the most anticipated domestic blockbusters will be released in 2019, but the exact date has not yet been announced.