How to use Victoria?
The Viсtoria program is designed for a widecircle of users. It is used to recover the information of hard disks with IDD and Sata interfaces, and also for their testing. The program allows a deep and comprehensive assessment of the status of the hard drive. In this article we will understand how to use Victoria.
Running the program
A great advantage of this utility is that,that it is completely free, it allows it to use freely without bothering to register and purchase a license. At the same time, it does not lose its functionality at all and is not inferior to anything famous for expensive software products. In addition, plus it is that its installation is not required, it works quickly and takes up a small amount of memory. It has a large number of modes, and therefore it surpasses all similar programs.
Now we learn how to run Victoria.
- The program needs to be downloaded and unpacked.
- Existing ISO disk image
- The program is launched using the BIOS.
- A disk is inserted and the computer turns on.
- To get into the BIOS, you need to press the Del and F2 keys.
- In the BIOS menu, Advanced Features is selected. Next Boot sequence. Then select the download from the CD / DVD.
- All is saved and exited by pressing Save and exit setup.
- If the menu does not contain such items, you need to look for something similar, with the word boot.
- If everything is done correctly, the computer will automatically exit BIOSVictoria.
- After starting the program for the first time, you need to pressbutton P. In this way, the desired drive will be selected. The desired item is selected with the up or down arrows. While the cursor is moving, the indication becomes visible, it means that the hard disk is ready.
- Two DRDY and DRSC indicators will light up in the normally working drives. INX may also burn.
- The AMNF indicator may be lit in the error register, the rest should be inactive.
- Then select the desired item with the Enter button, and the program starts searching for external hard disk controllers on them.
- Further in the position of the master will determine the serviceable and present HDD.
- Other drives will not be noticed. If everything is done correctly, a table will appear on the screen, and we will continue to understand how to use the program Victoria.
- It will contain the name of the controller, the controller's developer, the class, the port address, the name. It will be necessary to choose the required drive on the plate.
Hard Drive Testing
The program has an excellent surface scannerhard drive. Here we also learn how to check the CD Victoria. With its help, diagnostics for the presence of interface errors, failures and floating defects are performed. The speed of testing the drives is extreme. This will not depend on what type of interface cable and controller.
Exclusive algorithms are applied in this program. This is the adjustment of the timer, it depends on the performance capabilities of the hard drive. The standards supported by the utility are recognized automatically. This makes it possible to test both slow and fast HDDs. C program can run on Windows via virtual DOS. The accuracy in this case is practically not reduced.
The testing of the surface is closely related to the data of the drive's passport. The program does everything automatically that can be so and the user does not need to make any settings.
Verification (linear reading)
In addressing, LBA conducts surface testing. Made for accurate and quick diagnosis. For the test, the utility splits the entire space into conditional equal sections. The time of access to all sections is measured, a rectangle with the corresponding color appears on the screen.
Surface testing using a random number generator. Displays this side address generator. In the test menu, a range is specified. The speed of the drive is accurately described by the received test.
This algorithm reads the end and the beginning of the diskspace with a shift of 1 block. From random, it differs in that it scans the whole surface using a certain law. This scan is much slower than linear scanning.
Checking the interface
Now we learn how to work with Victoria to check the interface of the program.
- In the third menu item, press F4.
- There will be a write to the buffer memory of information cycles, after that it will be read.
- Compare the read data with the recorded data.
- The reading time is measured.
- If the read does not coincide with the recorded, the program will report it.
- Full diagnostics of the hard drive takes quite a long time.
- Exit the program is carried out "X".
- After that, Volcov Commander opens. Exit from here by pressing F10 and yes.
- Opens DOS. Exit is Ctrl + alt + del.
- The computer will reboot.
- Remove the disk from the drive.
- Boot the PC from the hard drive.
From all of the above, you learned how to workwith the program Victoria. With its help, you can learn all the technical information you need about the hard drive, restore and change the physical volume of the drive, test the buffer memory and interface, and manipulate the level of sound noise.