How to treat anemia?
Watch the video
Iron deficiency anemia or, as it is called inpeople, "anemia" is not officially a disease, but rather a condition or symptom of a malfunction in the body. There are several reasons for the development of anemia, and there are several forms of this condition. In this article we will look at the causes of anemia, its symptoms, treatment and prevention.
The main causes of anemia are lack of iron, vitamin B12 or folic acid. In addition, there are reasons for this failure of the body:
- Pregnancy can provoke a disruption in the absorption of vitamin B12 and folic acid;
- Disruption of the ability of the digestive system to suck iron from food. This may be due to a number of factors, for example, drug treatment;
- Excessive blood loss. This applies to women during profuse menstruation, to people who suffer from gastric or duodenal ulcers, hemorrhoids. Also patients with cancer of the colon and stomach are included in this list;
- Violation of the formation of qualitative red blood cells and the synthesis of hemoglobin.
Symptoms of anemia are many, but we can identify the main ones.
- Mild form: weakness, general malaise, decreased concentration of attention, fatigue, pallor of the skin and mucous membranes.
- The average form: disturbances of appetite and sleep, tinnitus, headache, shortness of breath, lack of sexual desire and, as in the case with a mild form, pallor of the mucous membranes and skin.
- Heavy Duty: All symptoms are more pronounced, and there is a risk of earning malignant anemia - a condition in which achlorhydria develops. With the development of achlorhydria, the stomach stops producing hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice. True, the body after some time finds a solution to this situation, and some people who have this problem, do not even know about its existence.
How to treat anemia: recommendations
Treatment of anemia depends not only on its type, but also on the severity of the condition with it. According to the rules, treatment should be carried out in a hospital, where the following procedures are provided:
- Most often, anemia is treated with iron and vitamin B12;
- In case the hemoglobin is very low, transfusion of erythrocyte mass is used;
- With aplastic anemia, bone marrow transplantation and glucocorticoid and anabolic hormone therapy are performed.
Despite the drugs for the treatment of anemia and the procedures that are used in hospitals, one should not forget about the treatment and prevention of anemia with folk remedies, for this they are perfect:
- liver (chicken or beef);
- garnets and pomegranate juice;
For prevention is fairly balancedeat, monitor the variety of food consumed. It is also important to monitor the amount of vitamins and microelements used. This is especially true for women because of their physiological characteristics.
You may also be interested in the article What is anemia.