How to teach to sleep in a crib?
One of the biggest problems with whichface young parents during the upbringing and growth of their kids - to teach the child to sleep on their own. Sometimes it takes a lot of effort to teach the child to sleep in the crib. Here we give the most effective way for this.
First of all, parents need to understand that forIn order to teach a child to sleep in a separate bed, you need to solve not only this task, but also the other two - to get your baby to fall asleep on its own and move it to the nursery. These tasks are rarely solved together, so teach the child to sleep alone in stages. So you, and, above all, the baby will be calmer, and the procedure will be painless for him.
We accustom the child to his crib: actions
In order to accustom a child to sleep in a cribon their own, experts recommend the following. Remove from the crib of your baby's side wall and push the cot close to his. It turns out that your crumb has its place, and on the other hand - it is with you. At first, your baby is likely to wake up often at night, but eventually he will get used to his place and will sleep soundly. Then you need to gradually move his crib farther from the parent, and then completely transfer it to a separate room.
It happens that the baby is set categoricallyagainst his new place to sleep. In this case, do not swear and grumble. It is necessary to convince the kid that he will be very well there, put toys there, saying, for example: "Look, it's nice to have a rabbit in the crib!" Over time, your little one will get used to the crib and will sleep there.
You can not leave your baby in a crib while you are awake. If this is done, the baby will think that the bed is not only for sleeping, but for other things.
Also, parents need to prepare for whatthe child can still come to them for a long time at night, because, for example, that he feels bad or that he is afraid, or he had a bad dream. In this there is nothing to worry about, but you should gradually send your crumb back. To do this, ask your baby to bring a pillow for himself, then a blanket, a sheet. In the event that the child came to you just so, then he immediately falls asleep, again getting to his crib. If he brings everything you need, do not drive him - then he has a really important reason to spend the night in your community.
Sleep in your crib: the right age
Now we turn to the question, at what agethe child should be taught to sleep alone. The average age is 2 years, but this does not mean that it is in 2 years the child is ready for "resettlement". Someone already in a year is independent enough for this, and with any kid it is necessary to wait and up to those years. You can gradually accustom the child to their own bed, if:
- The child sleeps at night for at least 5-6 hours in a row.
- You no longer breastfeed or feed more than once a day.
- A child spends no more than a third of your time in your arms during the day.
- At the baby the first teeth were cut.
- Your little one is quite independent in order to occupy yourself for 10 or more minutes in a row and is not afraid to stay in the room alone.
The list of reasons why you should not hurry with "resettlement" is more great. We will quote him, too. Do not rush to teach your child to a separate bed if:
- The child appeared as a result of Caesarean section, suffered a birth trauma or was born prematurely.
- Suffers from various skin diseases (wet eczema, diathesis).
- The child has increased intracranial pressure.
- the kid has just suffered a disease.
- the child just started to cut teeth.
- The child is very excited, with difficulty calms down and often cries.
- The baby develops slower than its peers.
- The child suffered quite a lot of stress.
- The child lost the regime.
- You are always out at home during the day, and the kid stays with your grandmother or nanny.
- You teach crumbs to some other important skill.
- You are irritated or feel bad.
If these factors do not interfere with you, then you do not have to worry about how to accustom yourself to sleeping in your baby's crib.