How to set up MMS on Nokia (Nokia)?
Before you adjust the mms to nokia, you needKnow what MMS is and what it's for. MMS is a service for sending multimedia messages, that is, thanks to this service, you can send any information, in the form of various images, melodies and even video. You can transfer data, either to your mobile phone or to e-mail. The only feature of MMS is its size, which is only 100kb, and the operator can also impose limitations. In some networks, messages up to 300 KB can also be supported. Usually, all the photos sent are compressed by the phone.
How MMS Works
The essence of the service is as follows:
- MMS consists of two parts. The first part is the operator's WAP-server (special service for wireless data transmission). The second part is an SMS message with a notification to download the main file.
- If the phone does not support the MMS function, a message will be sent with a link to download the file sent to you.
So, after understanding the principle of the MMS service,you can return to the main question, how to adjust the mms to Nokia, what steps to take and whether there are features of sending from Nokia phones.
Set up MMS on your Nokia phone
Before you send mms from Nokia, you need tounderstand that the successful sending of an MMS message depends more on your operator. Because often when sending files, there may be malfunctions, and money for the service was withdrawn and the phone should not be blamed for that.
So, setting up and sending MMS will be reviewed from the mobile operator MTS. And the settings for sending files from Nokia phones are almost identical for all models with MMS support.
MMS setup instructions:
- On your phone, go to "Tools", then "Settings" and "Connection".
- Next, you need to create an access point. The point name (Access point name) can be selected arbitrarily, for example, MMC_MTS, the data channel is selected - GPRS. The User Name is arbitrary. Prompt for password (Promt password) - put, no. Password - for example, mts. IP-address of the gateway (Gateway IP address) is 188.8.131.52 (this address is standard in the MTS network). Homepage (Homepage): enter http://mms.mts.ru.
- Next, you need to select an access point. You go to Messaging, then Settings, the item of the MMS message. In this item, select Preferred Connection and put the connection.
Now you can send and receive MMS messages.