How to remove the steering rack?
Watch the video
Every car enthusiast understands that one of thethe most important mechanisms of the vehicle - this is undoubtedly the steering. From its serviceability depends not only the quiet movement of the car, but also the safety of the driver and passengers. The correct maneuverability will help the driver to turn in the right direction in time to avoid a collision.
Any car enthusiast should know how to change the steering rack, because it is not known what situation he can get on the road and what knowledge he needs.
Disassembly of steering rack
A new car must be accompanied by a servicemanual. These documents usually describe in great detail how to correctly carry out this procedure for a particular brand of car. However, it also happens that the documents are not attached, so you have to get yourself out. We have a few simple tips that help you easily remove the steering rack.
- We will find out which type of steering rack was installed on a certain brand of the car. It can be a power-assisted, the simplest mechanism, or an electric amplifier.
- For the hydraulic booster. We release the high-pressure tubes and drain out all available liquid into a clean container. For the electric booster, dismantling is very difficult, so it's best to contact a specialized service.
- Simple mechanism:
- We loosen the fastener, bolts attach to the body of the vehicle;
- Remove the cardan mount.
Installing the steering rack
- Check that all steering rods are in place;
- The steering gear is located on the right;
- Accurately connect the universal joint with the steering rack;
- Without hurrying we attach all the pipes to the site, using only the new O-rings, and not the old ones;
- We check that the pipelines are installed exactly;
- Install brackets for future brackets;
- Fill the container with the liquid that was removed when removing the steering rack.
To remove a steering rack and to establish it back notso it's hard if you know how to do it. The main thing is to monitor your car and check all its mechanisms in time, so as not to be helpless in case of a minor breakdown.