How to remove the shine from the face in Photoshop?
Watch the video
Remove the bold facial shine of Photoshop allowsin several ways. The simplest of them - sketching highlights with a stamp or a restoring brush ("Clone Stamp Tool" and "Healing Brush Tool" respectively).
However, when using these tools, the texture of the skin changes.
How to remove the black from the face and still preserve the texture?
- Make a copy of the layer;
- take the blue channel to the adjustment layer. To do this, go to the "Layers" menu → "New Adjustment Layer" → "Channel Mixer";
- in the appeared window we mark "Monochrome" ("Monochrome");
- Set the value on the channels: red and green - 0, blue - 100;
- create a new adjustment layer "Invert" ("Invert"). This is necessary in order for the highlights to turn black;
- create a new adjustment layer "Curves" ("Curves");
- In the resulting window, drag the curve to the left until all the photos except the highlight are brightened. However, too much light is not worth it either;
- You can raise the left end of the curve slightly upwards to soften the color of the highlights;
- join the layers into a group. Click on the top layer, press and hold the Shift button and select the copy of the background layer. After that use the combination Ctrl + g;
- Change the blending mode of the group to "Color Burn".
The gloss areas will be darkened. If it seems to you that the glare is still strong, then you can fix it by opening a group with layers, selecting the adjustment layer "Curves" and pulling the left edge of the curve down. Thus, the blank will darken, and the glare will practically disappear. However, the structure of the skin will be lost a little.
In order to restore the texture, you need:
- convert the group to a smart object. To do this, right-click on the group and select "Convert to Smart Objects";
- choose the menu "Filter" → "Blur" → "Gaussian Dlur";
- In the resulting window, set the radius (about 3 pixels for a photo with a good extension).
It is worth remembering that small glare should be present on the face image. They give the image volume and make it more natural.