How to reduce desktop shortcuts?
Watch the video
The operating system Windows has a lot of usefulfunctions that can greatly simplify its daily use. But not all users know about them. For example, few people are informed how to increase icons, shortcuts, icons, font, and other interface elements on the desktop. This feature will be very useful for those who like to store all their documents and programs before your eyes, especially if the computer monitor is small enough.
With a smaller size, more icons and icons will fit on the desktop, so you do not have to worry about free space.
There are several ways toto resize various elements of the interface in Windows. The simplest are changing the resolution of the monitor and quickly scaling using the scroll.
How to reduce the size of the shortcut on the desktop?
In order to reduce desktop shortcuts, you can perform the following actions:
Decrease through the context menu:
- Right-click an empty spot on the desktop;
- In the context menu that appears, click on "View";
- To reduce the size of the shortcuts to the minimum fixed parameter, select "Small Icons";
Decrease with scroll:
First, minimize the windows of all active applications;
- Click the left mouse button on the empty space on the desktop;
- Hold down the CTRL button and while holding it, scroll down the wheel on the mouse (or swipe down the right side of the touchpad on the laptop);
- In this way, the icons can be reduced or enlarged to arbitrary sizes;
Changing the display resolution:
- Click the right mouse button on the desktop and in the resulting context menu click on "Screen Resolution";
- In the "Resolution" field, select the largest format supported by your monitor from the drop-down list;
- Click the "OK" button to save the settings;
Change the icon size in the "Screen" section:
- Right-click on the desktop and select the "Personalization" section;
- Click the "Screen" link;
- In the appeared window, if your monitor supports this function, the slider will be displayed, shifting which, you can change the scale of OS interface elements;
- After making adjustments, save the new settings by clicking "Apply".