How to record an mp3 disc?
Watch the video
MP3 - the most common and popular formatmusic. It is used in various types of players: in players, computers, car radios. During MP3 recording there are some subtleties that we will consider in our article.
In order to burn an MP3 disc, you can use the following standard programs:
- Windows Recording Wizard;
- Nero Burning Rom;
Windows Recording Wizard
One of the easiest ways is to use the standard Windows burning program. If you want to burn a disc in this way, you need to go through a few simple steps:
- We insert a blank disc into the drive and open it. Select the "With CD / DVD player" option.
- After that, we copy the files to the opened window. Rename long files, as household MP3 players do not perceive files with long names.
- Right click on the copied files and select "Write to disk".
- Next, we come up with the name of the disk, and in the second window we select "Write a data disk".
- After the files are written to disk, you can listen to your files on the player.
Nero Burning Rom
Another option to record a disc in MP3 format is recording in CD-ROM (ISO) format using the Nero Burning Rom program. Thus, you can burn MP3 to a CD or DVD disc.
- It should be noted, if you do not have this program, before you burn an MP3 disc with Nero, it must be installed on your computer. Downloadthe program can be here.
- Run the program Nero Burning Rom.
- We choose the program "No multisession".
- When a new project is created, go to the ISO tab and set the following parameters:
- file name length: max. eleven;
- format: 1;
- character set: 966
If you set these parameters, long names will turn into short ones.
- Go to the selection of files. We copy the prepared files and send them to the folder on the disk.
- Select the "Record" tab.
- We tick off the item "Finalize CD".
- Press the "burn" button.
Ashampoo is a free program that allows you to burn a disc in MP3 format. This program is an excellent alternative to Nero Burning Rom.
- Download the program Ashampoo.
- We install it on the computer and open it.
- Select the "Create a new CD / DVD / Blu-ray disc" tab. A window will open for adding files to which we add our files.
- If necessary, change the name of the disc. Also you can add several folders with music, but remember that many players are badrecognize folders, so you can skip this moment.
- We check the size of the folder in the "Assumed size" tab. After that, click "Next".
- You will have a start-up window for burning. Insert the disc. After the program checks its suitability, and the "Write" button becomes active, you can start recording the disc.
- Click "Burn" and wait for a few minutes to complete the recording process.
- Then you can check the disc by listening to it on the audio device.
- Not all home players can read RW discs, so you should select R-discs for MP3 recording.
- The file names should be short, without spaces and should not contain Russian letters.
- Files on the disk should be written without sorting them into folders.
- The multisession must be finished.
In the ways described above, you can record an MP3 disc not only in the car, but also for listening on the home players.