How to prepare for confession?
Confession is repentance before God in theirsins through an intermediary in the person of a priest. Being completely voluntary, the sacrament should be performed only from the sincere desire of one who is going to confess, become purer, better. Since repentance is not a simple task, one must prepare for it in advance. We will explain how to do this.
Recognizing Your Sins
If you decide to confess or so far simplythink about it, you realize that something in you, in your life contradicts the notions of goodness, purity, goes against the will of God. Therefore, to understand which of your thoughts and words, actions are evil, unworthy, sinful, first of all your own conscience will help.
And one can distinguish sins against God and specifically against his neighbor.
Sins against God
- Atheism, as well as faith in spiritual forces, not related to Christianity.
- Nominal faith - when a person recognizes the existence of God, but behaves like an unbeliever, refusing to follow his commandments.
- The use of magic - both on their own, and by seeking help from fortunetellers, sorcerers, psychics, etc.
- The creation of an idol as a more significant value,rather than God. For example, when the thirst for career advancement becomes more important than the commandments of God, ie. when a person consciously goes to sinful actions for the sake of achieving a cherished goal.
Sins against man
- Envy (despondency about the well-being, happiness, health, etc., which the neighbor has).
- Disregard of people (appears due to pride - one of the seven deadly sins), refusal to show attention to the needs of others.
- Adultery, fornication. In particular, the church condemns civil marriage.
- Slander, gossip, lies in any of its manifestations.
- Condemnation and discussion of other people, their lives, actions.
- Abortion. And to ask for the forgiveness of sin is necessary even if this procedure was done for medical reasons.
Of course, both these lists are in fact significantlylonger. However, it is simply impossible to list all possible sinful acts - it would take a lot of space. So just follow this question to your inner sensations. Also, rely on God's commandments, and a list of mortal sins.
How to behave before confession and on it
In no case should this sacrament be wornformal character, and therefore it is not necessary to prepare lists of your sins beforehand. But at the same time it does not stop to think about what exactly you want to tell the priest.
- You only need to talk about your sins. You do not need to talk about your friends, relatives or anything else. Focus on yourself, your feelings, your life, your deeds. And in order to receive forgiveness, one must sincerely repent of committing sins and make a promise not to repeat mistakes any more.
- Justify their words, deeds, thoughts by some life situations, illness, coincidence of circumstances is impossible.
- It is necessary to note only the essential things that oppress you at the moment. For each person, it will be something of its own.
- Do not try to use the right church words. Speak the way you can and can, in simple language.
- Do not be afraid of condemnation, criticism of the priest. First, it disgraces the already mentioned commandments. And secondly, important in confession is the recognition and confession of your sins, your shame, the desire to change for the better. And this is commendable.
- Do not be ashamed of the priest. You in fact come to the doctor with frank conversations about your illnesses or diseases? Consider that the priest is also a doctor, only he heals not the body, but the soul.
In addition, when thinking about how to prepare for confession, you will have to take the first steps towards a new "I" - a lighter, spiritualized one. For this you need:
- From the bottom of my heart I try to forgive everyone for whomyou are offended, angry. The Lord said: "Farewell, and you will be forgiven." Therefore, in order to receive remission of sins, you need to let them go to all your familiar people. You need to go to church with a negative spirit.
- Start to change before the confession. This can manifest itself in the change of behavior, the creation of good deeds for others, repentance of doing evil to others, etc. Only your real deeds will show how pure and sincere your thoughts are. Go to confession in order to receive forgiveness, and then again live the same life - is also a sin.
- To endure a small fast before the sacrament.