How to play Portal 2?
Portal 2 - computer game in the genre of the puzzle. Initially, the game had only a single-player mode, and not so long ago there was a cooperative mode, in which the game can be played in pairs.
Let's figure out how to play Portal 2 on a network together.
Cooperative mode: license
If you play Portal 2 through a licensed Steam client, then all you need to play is to switch to Big Picture mode and activate the second player, while the second player must clamp "X".
Cooperative mode: piratka
If you do not want to buy a license,sweat. The first step is to download the Hamachi helper program and install it on the PC. In addition, you will need to download and install the so-called "fix". Now proceed to configure the game on the network:
- Create a shortcut "portal2.exe" (if it appeared after installing additional programs, you do not need to create the second one).
- Right-click on the shortcut and select "Properties" from the menu.
- At the end of the line "Object" enter the phrase "-console+ mp_wait_for_other_player_notconnecting_timeout 600 "- so you set the time to wait for another player to connect, in our example it's 600 seconds or 10 minutes.
- Go to the game settings, select the "Keyboard / Mouse" section, in the "Debugging console" check the "Enabled" checkbox. Now you can quickly call the console using the "E" key.
Settings are complete, create a server
- Start the game using the "portal2.exe" shortcut, open the console (the letter "E").
- We enter the command "map [map name]", all the names of the maps can be taken from here.
- We are waiting for the player to connect.
Connecting to the server
- We enter the command "connect [IP-address of the server]" in the console, the IP data can be selected here.
- Press Enter. All! The game should start!
More about the games and the rules of the game in them, see the section Computer games.