How to make a decoration for a cake?
It is rare to find a person who is indifferent to sweets. It is a mistake to believe that the most important sweets are children and women, men like to eat sweets no less.
To date, store shelves are full ofvariety of cakes, muffins, cakes, rolls. Bread factories, numerous confectioneries and mini bakeries offer a wide range of confectionery products for every taste and purse, but homemade pastries are always tastier and smoother. Maybe because it is cooked with love, it is unique and original, it keeps a part of the soul in its cooking ?!
From the very childhood to holidays and significant dates, weWe bake cakes at home, according to old, proven recipes received from grandmothers. We decorate them together with children with cream, nuts, fruits, berries, sprinkling. Even cakes baked for the same recipe will never be similar to each other, each has its own character, its taste, decorated in its own way.
At home, the design of cakes should notbe quite laborious and complex. Therefore, thinking about the question of how to make a decoration for a cake and from which, each housewife tries to use simple cooking recipes from natural products with minimal use of artificial colors and additives (colored jellies, glazes, sweets, creams, chocolates, nut or sugar sprinkles).
How to make a cake decoration
The most common type of decoration of cakes is the extrusion of patterns from the glaze or cream. However, drawing a beautiful pattern is not so easy! This is a whole art, which, however, is worth learning.
You will need a confectionery bought in the storeA syringe or a self-made cornet. This device will help to transform the oil cream or whipped cream into any shape - spirals, shells, flowers, leaves or strips. The more you practice, the sooner you master this interesting and fascinating occupation.
Mastic is also a popular method of decorating cakes today. There are different types of mastic:
- made of sweet marshmallow souffl ...
Mastic from marshmallow is made of the same namesweets, by melting in a microwave or in a water bath. Then water and sugar powder are added to the desired consistency. This mastic is very delicious. It can be sour, replacing it with water for lemon juice, and you can add all kinds of dyes.
Preparation of milk mastic does not require much effort and any homeowner can. You will need milk powder, powdered sugar and condensed milk. To make it colored will help different food colorings.
Gelatin gelatin is difficult to prepare. She is capricious and will not work the first time.
How to make decorations for cakes from mastics
To beautifully cut or give a certainshape of the mastic mass there are special tools. However, you can do without them, using improvised means. You can use the templates of flowers and leaves, cut from paper, oilcloth, plastic. Also useful for molds for biscuits, glasses or piles, scissors, toothpicks for drawing a pattern on products. The process of creating different colors is very creative and fascinating! You, for certain, remember your childhood, when you sculpted from plasticine, and you can attract your children to such "tasty" occupation.
More information about this method of decorating cakes can be found in the following article: "How to decorate with mastic?".
It is important to remember that decorations made from mastic are appliedOnly on a dry surface, to avoid its dissolution. Between the layer of mastic and corn, you can use a frozen cream or marzipan mass as a layer.
- Original and unusual look on the surface of the cake candied flowers, collected in a rosette in the center or displaced to the edge.
- Good looking cakes decorated with glazedjelly berries. To do this, you just need to beautifully arrange fresh fruits or berries from jam on the surface of the confectionery and cover them with a thin layer of jelly, which you can weld yourself or buy in the store.
- The surface of the cake can be sprinkled with powdered sugar, cocoa powder or coffee through a stencil, so that on the surface of the cake a kind of spiderweb or an ornate pattern turns out ...
- It is interesting and quick to decorate pastries withusing nuts. You can casually scatter assorted nuts on the surface of the confectionery, and you can glaze them with honey, syrup or caramel. Shredded nuts are indispensable when decorating the sides of cakes.
- And you can just decorate the cake with fruit. The use of citrus gives an unlimited scope for imagination! You can cut oranges, tangerines, limes into slices or circles and place them nicely. Zedra can be cut with a special knife on the stripes and revive it with a simple glaze cake. From a peel it is possible to cut out various figures, asterisks, rhombuses, to arrange them in the form of a border or in to collect in a composition. Read more about this in the article: "How to decorate a fruit cake?".
Whichever way your cake is decorated, itwill always be eaten up to the last crumb, because homemade cakes are especially tasty, sweet, and not comparable to the same type of purchased confectionery.