How to feed a Labrador retriever?
Labrador needs regular anda balanced diet that includes proteins, fats and carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins. If you want your pet to always be healthy and active, carefully study what to feed the Labrador. Do not give him spicy, salty, sweet or smoked food. Do not feed him with bones, pasta, potatoes, sausages and sausages. What is good for us is very harmful to the dog's body. Do not indulge the Labrador with sweets and sugar. And also do not feed pork and fat mutton.
How to feed a Labrador puppy
It is advisable to make a puppy's ration only fromnatural food. He needs proteins and carbohydrates: milk, cottage cheese, meat, cereals, vegetables. Porridge is good to cook on fish or meat broth, vegetables to extinguish on vegetable or olive oil. Meat should be alternated with fish and poultry.
The approximate daily ration of a puppy can be as follows:
- Breakfast: 100 grams of low-fat cottage cheese with yogurt, 50 grams of porridge, vitamins and minerals. It is also good to organize a second breakfast, which includes 100 grams of porridge and 100 grams of vegetables.
- Lunch: 120 grams of meat, fish or poultry, 100 grams of greens and vegetables.
- At a snack, offer the puppy 100 grams of low-fat cottage cheese and 100 ml of kefir.
- Dinner: 130 grams of meat and 100 grams of vegetables, 2 times a week, you can give 1 egg.
How to Feed an Adult Labrador
- Adult Labrador, like a puppy, it is desirable to regularly feed natural, healthy food.
- Meat. Suitable beef, chicken, turkey and lamb. The most useful for dogs is in beef. You can give the dog both raw and boiled meat, it is best to alternate. The main thing is that there is no fat in the meat - it is harmful to the Labradorus liver.
- A fish. Fish let's be lean and sea, both raw and cooked. Pre-clean from bones.
- Cereals. Meat and fish can be supplemented with carbohydrates - cereals. Porridge will make food more nutritious and nourishing.
- Vegetables. Cabbage, pumpkin, zucchini, carrots and beets are good for a healthy labrador. Grind them on a grater or finely cut, add a little sour cream or butter. Fresh greenery and garlic can also grind and add to food. Pumpkin can be boiled and added to the porridge.
- Dairy. Cottage cheese, milk, kefir and low-fat grated cheese will be your main source of calcium and delicious treat for your pet.
- Eggs. Mix the raw yolks with dairy products or porridge. You can give omelets or eggs boiled soft-boiled.
- Water. A dog, like a person, needs clean drinking water. It is advisable to change the water in a bowl 2-3 times a day. It should be fresh and not very cold. You can give raw water.
In addition to full nutrition, Labradors needalso additional vitamins and minerals. Go to the veterinary pharmacy and ask for food supplements for dogs that eat natural food. Your pet will be grateful to you!