How to draw an icon?
Watch the video
Beautiful signs and emblems are present both incomputer games, and in real life. Their emblems have football teams, music groups, various communities. If you are drawing, then you are probably interested in learning how to draw an icon or emblem. You can copy or picture from memory the sign you saw once, or come up with your own. Let's talk in more detail about how to draw an emblem, icon or symbol.
How to draw an icon: tips
You will need a thick sheet of paper, a simple pencil, eraser, colored pencils, if you plan to make a color pattern, compasses.
- First of all, it is necessary to think what will beyour emblem. You can take ready-made images from the clip-art bank on the subject you are interested in. For example, on the Internet you will find a guide on how to draw an assassin sign or the sign of infinity. You can also use the traditional heraldic theme, which was depicted in the Middle Ages on the arms of noble houses. So, the lion denoted nobility and courage, an eagle - strength, a bear - power, etc. Choose a symbol according to the purpose of your emblem.
- The figure on the emblem or the coat of arms must belaconic, strict, nonetheless not boring. To avoid monotony, you can add various details: a frame, floral or geometric ornament, ribbons. Such decorations can be seen on the ancient arms of noble families. If you make the team logo, community or school, you can write a slogan that fits your spirit.
- Think about what colors you will use, because they also carry a semantic load. For example, red usually symbolizes some aggression and challenge, blue - on the contrary, calmness.
- The emblem or icon is usually drawn in the form of a circle. If you stick to this form, then draw a circle on the paper with a compass of the required size. Also common are such forms for the emblems: square, rectangle, shield shape, etc.
- Think about how the elements of the emblem will be located, if there are several. Make a few sketches, rearranging the elements in different ways. Choose the most suitable one.
- When you are satisfied with your sketch, make a finishing drawing and colorize the image. Your emblem is ready!
Also, many other instructions for drawing various still lifes, portraits, characters, animals, etc., you can find in our Drawing section.