How to draw a child in stages?
Watch the video
The most common mistake novice drawa child's portrait is in an attempt to make the face too large relative to the size of the skull. It is also worth considering that the child's neck is much smaller than the adult. It is best to first learn how to draw a child in stages, and only then start to implement the plan.
Steps of drawing a portrait
- So, the first step is drawing a square,which you need to divide exactly into four parts perpendicular lines. A large square later becomes the child's head, and four small squares mean the proportions of the face and head.
- In the lower left square, draw a circle, this will be the face of the child. The problem here is to do everything smoothly, of course, without practice here is indispensable.
- Now you can draw one big circle around the perimeter of the square, now you can imagine how little the baby's face is compared to the head.
- After this, you can proceed to a more detailed drawing - a large circle gradually transform into the head, from the small circle begin to outline the face - nose, lips, chin.
- Draw the ear in the right bottom square, so that it corresponds to the rest of the proportions.
- Detail the image - draw an ear, eye, cheek, nose. Do not forget your eyebrows.
- At this stage, you will no longer need auxiliary circles and squares - erase them with a soft eraser. Begin to draw the hair.
- The portrait is almost ready, it is important to have patience and do everything in stages, if you suddenly lost the desire, just take a short break.
- So far, the picture does not look too realistic,start adding shading to the face of the child, eyes, nose and mouth shade, use the darkest tone for the pupil. Do not forget that the cheeks of the child should be lighter, but the neck, on the contrary, is somewhat darker. Add shadows and hair, draw them with soft curved lines, consider that the hair is brighter nearer to the forehead, at the back of the neck and at the neck make them darker.
So you learned how to draw a boy in stages. You can similarly draw a girl, the differences will be minimal and they touch, basically, the length of the hair.
Do not forget to put the date and signature on your drawing, you can hang a ready portrait in a frame on the wall.
More information about the features of drawing children's portraits can be found in the article How to draw a child.