How to determine and what is dangerous early leakage of amniotic fluid during pregnancy: symptoms, causes, treatment and analysis. Frautest and Amnischour amniotic fluid leakage tests: instruction, price and photo of positive test
Carrying a child is a very important period for a woman, in which you need to be careful and cautious so that the pregnancy is normal, and the child is born healthy!
The main thing in the article
Signs and symptoms of amniotic fluid leakage
During pregnancy, there are discharge - they can be of different colors, thicknesses, with impurities and odor. Some secretions are the norm and are associated with a dramatic change in hormonal levels, but still you should not be too frivolous to treat them. It is better to consult your leading gynecologist.
Discharges can talk about developing pathology, in our case - about the leakage of amniotic fluid. In medicine, they are calledamniotic fluid, which is in the fetal egg and provides a child with safety and livelihoods throughout the pregnancy.
Recognizing the leakage of amniotic fluid is very difficult, as they have neither color nor odor, and are not much different from water. The water temperature is approximately 37 ° C.
A pregnant woman should be alerted by the periodic release of a warm incomprehensible liquid, this happens most often when there is pressure on the abdominal cavity. For example, if you sneeze or cough, even if you suddenly get out of bed, straining your stomach.
In 50% of women, leakage of amniotic fluid is accompanied by pain in the abdomen and nausea, as well as uncontrolled vaginal discharge.But this happens most often when the bubble has sufficiently large damage, and the discharge is simply impossible to miss.
If you have any doubts, even if they turn out to be false in the future, you should still go to a doctor and check, or at least do a test for leaking water.
Causes of amniotic fluid leakage during the second and third trimester of pregnancy
The leakage of amniotic fluid occurs mainly in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, when water becomes more and the fetus is gaining weight more and more quickly.
The reason for the leakage of amniotic fluid one -bladder damage. But the causes of damage to its integrity can be several, and they depend on the duration of pregnancy. For example:
- Infectious origin of pathology. When the body has an infection that affects the genitals, which is very dangerous during pregnancy and threatens with premature resolution of labor.
- Toxic effects.When the future mommy could not give up alcohol, smoking or drugs during pregnancy.
- Diseases and unresolved pathologies,which are found in women suffering from anemia, dystrophy, connective tissue diseases.
- Whenthe fetus in the third trimester of pregnancy is wrongor if mommy's pelvis is too narrow.
- Whenlabor starts too earlyaboutand develops very quickly. In this case, you need to urgently call an ambulance.
- If a woman expectsthe appearance of two kidsand more.
- When the cervix is not elastic enough and begins to open, unable to withstand the pressure of gravity of the fetus. In medicine, this is calledcervical insufficiency. In this case, the bubble sinks and begins to sag, and under pressure there is damage to the walls of the amniotic bubble, as a result of which the amniotic fluid flows.
- Afterbang on the stomachor fall.
How to determine the leakage of amniotic fluid at home
When there is no time to run to buy a test for leaking water, and you are plagued by doubts about the discharge, you can check it yourself at home.
What do we have to do?
- Stop drinking the liquid.
- Go to the toilet so that the urine is empty.
- Wash, dry your genitals dry.
- Lay on the bed a white cloth, sit on it without underwear.
- You can lie down for a while or sit for about 15-20 minutes.
- After a while, stand up and check the fabric for stains.
- If the spots are present, and this is not a thick discharge (as usual during pregnancy), then most likely you have amniotic fluid.
What is the leakage of amniotic fluid?
As stated earlier,the amniotic fluid is odorless and colorless, and they look like water, just a bit slippery.
Also, the amniotic fluid may have a specific smell, but such secretions speak not only about the leakage of water, but about a serious problem - a possibly developing pathology! In this case, the hospitalization must be carried out urgently.
Feelings when dosing amniotic fluid
When water leaks, the first thing a woman feels is moisture in the perineum. Not just wet underwear when urinary incontinence occurs, but a sensation of water in the perineum, the portions of which increase with load or pressure.
What color amniotic fluid when dribble?
Amniotic fluid has no color during normal pregnancy. If the pregnancy proceeds with a pathology, then the color of the waters may be tinged with a green or brown color, which is nothing good and requires urgent hospitalization.
What is the rate of leakage of water?
Water leakage is considered normal only at the end of the last month of pregnancy, when the body is already preparing for childbirth and the uterus gradually begins to open slightly. Far from all the amniotic bubble bursts overnight with the onset of contractions. In about 50% of women, in a couple of days, the amniotic fluid begins to leak, and by the time of the onset of labor the obstetrician-gynecologist is bursting, since there is no sufficient pressure.
However, for every woman in labor, everything happens differently, and it is simply impossible to draw up a template in order to sign the history of each pregnancy under it.
How to distinguish water leakage from discharge?
- Colour.Waters do not have a color or slightly shade of greenish, and the discharge usually has a clear color - white, beige, brownish, with admixtures of red.
- Smell.By smell, it is quite difficult to distinguish water from discharge, since there is no smell from water and healthy women should not have any smell either.
- Texture. The liquid from the bubble in texture resembles ordinary water, perhaps a little slippery in sensations, but the discharge has a clear structure - mucus, curd, liquid.
- Frequency of manifestation.Every woman has a discharge during pregnancy, and before the second trimester she already knows exactly what they are and how abundantly they stand out. The leakage of water appears unexpectedly and noticeably not from the first trimester of pregnancy, therefore their appearance should certainly be noticed.
Smear - test for leakage of amniotic fluid
A smear test on the leakage of amniotic fluid can tell a lot: to calm you down if the water is not leaking, and the cervix is closed, or to give a positive result, and you will know exactly what is happening. In addition to the fact that your gynecologist will prescribe you a medication, you can learn about the condition of the baby, because the amniotic fluid is very informative in this regard.
Is water leakage visible on ultrasound?
At the beginning of the leakage of amniotic fluid on the ultrasound you will not say anything. Since this method of examination of the crack itself, through which water passes, is not visible.
The only thing that can help ultrasound is to determine the insufficient amount of water (low water), which can occur as a result of leakage of water longer than two weeks. Such a diagnosis should make you think and do a smear analysis on the leakage of water.
Amnishur amniotic fluid leakage test: instruction, price and photo
Test for leakage of amniotic fluidAmnishurIt is considered the highest quality, as it is sensitive to all 99%. Make it easy: all that is needed for it is in the package.
For the test in the package you will find:
- test strip (as in pregnancy tests),
- solvent bottle,
- sterile swab.
How to make a test Amnishur?
- Wash and dry thoroughly.
- Insert the tampon into the vagina to a depth of 6 cm and hold it for about 15 minutes.
- Lower the tampon into the vial with the solution (it should touch the tip of the tampon) - hold for about 60-90 seconds.
- Remove the swab and lower the test strip into the solution at the marked level (hold for at least 10 minutes).
- During this time, either 1 or 2 bars should appear. If nothing at all manifested, the test is flawed.
Result: 1 strip - there is no amniotic fluid in the vagina (that is, there is no leakage and the walls of the bladder are intact); 2 strips - a protein was detected (α – microglobulin), which is contained in large quantities in the amniotic fluid (that is, there is leakage).
The cost of such a test ranges from 1000 to 1500 rubles.
Frautest amniotic fluid leakage test: instruction, price and photo
Frautest is a pad that you need to bring through the day by placing it on your underwear like an ordinary “daily”.
On the white strip along the entire length in the middle there passes a yellow strip, which changes its color if the amniotic fluid falls on it. It can become light blue or greenish.
If the color has not changed, then there is no leakage of water!
The cost of Frautesta ranges from 400 to 500 rubles.
Gaskets for determining the leakage of amniotic fluid: description and price
Another type of gaskets that determine the leakage of water. The gasket should be used in the same way as the Frautest gasket. The only difference is that at the end of the day you take off the gasket, pull out the yellow strip and place it in a special case that is in the package. This is done to dry the test strip for 30 minutes. When time passes, you can watch the result: changed color - there are leaks, not changed - no leaks.
The cost of such a test ranges from 300 to 400 rubles.
What to do if the test for leakage of water is positive: a photo of a positive test
If the test for leakage of water turned out to be positive, then there is no need to panic and fight in hysterics. Get together and go to your doctor, who will conduct an examination and make a smear for laboratory analysis. And only by the results of the smear will it be possible to draw any conclusions. And how to cope with this problem, your physician will tell you, who knows your entire history and features of pregnancy, so they will be able to choose the most suitable drug for you if it is too early for you to give birth.
Treatment of amniotic fluid leakage
To cure the leakage of the amniotic fluid is impossible. Doctors can only stop the problem for a while, keeping the state of the mother and the baby normal.
The solution of the problem depends on the duration of the pregnancy and the length of time the water leaks.
- If 10 hours have not passed since the moment of damage to the amniotic egg, then doctors prescribe antibacterial drugs in order to protect the fetus from infection.
- In the case when it is early to resolve the problem with childbirth (premature pregnancy), doctors prefer to wait to keep the child as long as possible in the womb, of course, without risking his life or health.Pregnant while around the clock is under the strict supervision of doctors.
- If the leakage of amniotic fluid began at the end of pregnancy, then perhaps this indicates the readiness of the body and the child for childbirth. For this woman is determined in the hospital, where they wait 6 hours of labor. If this does not happen, then the birth is allowed by stimulation or cesarean section.
It is very important to carry out water leakage prevention during pregnancy. That is, to treat the genital tract with antiseptics in order to kill any infection that could harm your baby.