How to create a script?
Script (scripting language - in translation fromEnglish "scripting language") is a high-level programming language that was developed specifically for scripting - brief instructions for the system to perform certain actions. A script is a program that deals with ready-made software components. Mostly, scripts are used to create a dialogue with the reader of hypertext, as well as to supply sites with different "chips": for example, pop-up tips or visit counters. A script is also called a program that automates a PC task, for example, setting up proxy server settings.
Where to begin?
The question of how to learn how to create scripts, byEssence is equivalent to a question - how to learn to program. In many sources on the web, you can find articles under the heading "How to create a script", which begin with the words "It's very simple and it can be done by everyone ...." But, in fact, the statement is very doubtful. The main problem is the need to study the mass of commands and internal features of the language. A simple script, of course, can be created from a template, of which there is simply a mass in the network. Here, and it is true, any will cope. For example, you can right now open the Notepad and type the following text:
- WScript.Echo ("Hello!");
- text = "";
Now you need to save the file with the .js permission. How do I run the script? Just double-click on the created file, and voila - the classic Windows notification window appears with the text "Hello!". You can click on the "cross" or the "OK" button and close the script. For more information, see How to run the script. Thus, you wrote a script and can even now create such notification windows with any inscriptions, but you do not understand what the commands mean, you just copy them. If you face the task that when you click on the "OK" button, a menu appears, you will be completely at a loss. If you want to write scripts, and not copy them, you will need, first of all, to learn the syntax and structure of scripting languages.
The scripting languages can be divided into four classes:
- command-scenario. The most famous is JCL. This group of languages is used to manage tasks in operating systems. Languages were created in the 1960s, but few work with them today.
- markup languages that allow you to embed tags in plain text for structuring and specific dynamic behavior. The most famous is PostScript, we study it here.
- universal languages, most suitable for programming web space. The most popular is Tcl, we delve into its syntax here.
Good templates of scripts you can find on the sites - webnav.ru and besttemplates.ru.
Installing the script
How to install scripts on the site? The programs with which the user constructs the site may differ in the interface, however the general scheme looks like this:
- Upload a script file to the site in the ftp permission;
- Set in the security settings the right to run the script;
- Run the installation form and fill in the necessary data;
- We further customize the script in the control panel.
If you still have questions about the installation, read our article How to install scripts.