How to create a network between laptops?
The problem of howtransfer data from one PC to another. You can use a variety of media - flash drives, disks, etc., but the fastest and most convenient method is to create a network. You can quickly create a network between two computers, the OS does not play such a significant role - maybe Windows XP and Windows Vista, or Windows 7. There is no significant difference in how to create a network between laptops or a network between computers, so the scheme the sequences are the same.
The local network
For data transfer, the fastest and most convenientit is considered a connection using a network cable. Network cables such as RJ45, which allow creating a network, are of two types - direct and cross, so called. crossovers. You will need a cross-over cable. with its help you can create a network between two laptops. You can buy this cable in a computer or other equipment store.
In order to distinguish the required cable, you needfold the ends of one cable together. If the color marking inside the connector does not match, then this is a crossover cable. It should be noted that all modern network cards automatically determine the type of cable to be connected and can be adjusted for it. So, after the cable has been successfully connected, you need to create a network between the devices. For this:
- Open "Control Panel" from the "Start" menu,where you need to go to "Network Connections". Select the connection to the local network. Remember that the connection is "Connected". Right-click on the "Properties", where you need to select "Internet Protocol (TCP / IP)" and also right-click "Properties".
- In the "Properties" select the item "IP-address", where we specify the addresses of your laptops. They must be different.
- In newer versions of Windows, in the Control Panel, select the "Network and Sharing Center". And there open "Manage network connections."
- Also right-click "Properties" by clicking on "Local Connection". Then choose "Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP / IP)" and also call "Properties".
- Specify the IP address, and make sure that the addresses do not match.
- But it is necessary not only to create a network between twolaptops, but also organize the exchange of data and files. To do this, go to the "Network and Sharing Center" and check your network. It must be private. If the network type is different, then you need to make changes in the settings. To do this, click the "Settings" item. There to specify the type of the network - "Private".
- After that, you need to enable data sharing and network discovery, and disable shared access with password protection.
In order to create a WiFi network betweenlaptops, you need to create a network on one of the laptops. The essence of the Wi-Fi connection is the presence of the host - the main device of the network. Usually, it is a wireless router. In the case where there are two laptops, the host will be one of them. Which of the devices will become the main "server" does not play an important role.
- Through the "Control Panel" you need to select the menu"Network connections", for Windows XP. If the laptop does not have Wi-Fi turned off, you will see the "Wireless Connection" logo in the network connection menu.
- If the logo is inactive, or it is not at all, then you need to turn on the power on the laptop case. The required button is marked with an antenna icon and will be highlighted by a light bulb.
- In your connection, select "Properties". There you need to select "Internet Protocol TCP / IP" and call "Properties", where you specify the desired IP address.
- Select the "Wireless Networks" tab and open "Advanced". Select the network type "Computer-to-computer network".
- Click Add on the Wireless Networks tab. In the window that opens, enter the network name in the field opposite the SSID.
- You need to open "Network connections" and on the second laptop. Click on the wireless connection and click Update Network List.
- Next you need to select the line with the desired SSID, i.e. name of the new network. If the password for the network is specified, then you must enter it when connecting from the second laptop. A couple of seconds and the connection will be established.