How to cook wafers?
At many at a word "wafers" first of all on mindcome pale and thin, like rice paper, store pechenyushki, sometimes and taste not strongly from this paper differing. But fresh, crispy, temptingly smelling wafers cooked in the home kitchen, it's a completely different product. Try at least once to cook them with your own hands and your household will begin to demand them to the table daily. In addition, homemade waffles is an excellent way for a good housewife in a situation where an unexpected visitor is standing on the threshold, and in the refrigerator, as luck would have it, there is an absolute emptiness. In ten minutes you can quickly knead the dough, and after half an hour already treat the guest with hot tea with fresh waffles. As a result, your reputation is saved, the guest is deliciously fed and everyone is happy, there is only one small "but" - you do not know how to make wafers, and have never done it before. Then our advice will turn out to be for you.
Prepare waffles at home very muchjust. The only necessary condition - you must first acquire an electric wafer, without this you can not do. Because it is technically impossible to cook wafers on a stove or in an oven. All wafers can be divided into two types: thin crispy and soft thick. For each type of waffle is a separate waffle iron. They differ in the size of the heating plates and the size of the cells. First, we will tell you how to make wafers in a waffle iron with small cells - thin and crispy.
The recipe for thin wafers
- Mix the mixer at low speed 4 eggs and one glass of sugar.
- Add a bag of vanilla sugar and a packet (200 gr.) Of a softened creamy margarine.
- Then take a glass with a quarter, beforehandsifted, flour and slowly pour it into the dough, while continuing to mix. In the end, add a pinch of salt and half a teaspoon of soda, a slaked vinegar. You should get a dough, like a pancake.
- Waffle maker we pre-lubricate with vegetable oiloil and warm well. Spread the center of the shape of a tablespoon of dough, squeeze it well with the top of the mold, count to forty, and the waffle is ready. The time of baking can vary somewhat, determine it by experience.
- Gently poddeem wafer with a spatula and shoot ondish. While baking is hot, it is very soft and you, if desired, can easily roll it into a tube or a horn. After cooling, the wafer will become crisp and crispy. This recipe is very good and wafers for it are obtained from all the first time.
On how to prepare a dough for wafers thick and soft, I would like to tell in the next wonderful recipe. We will talk about the famous "Liege Hops".
Recipe of Liege wafers
- Fifteen teaspoons of dry yeast dissolve in 50 ml. warm milk and leave them to rise.
- It is good to whip two eggs and add to them a pinch of salt half a glass of milk.
- In a large bowl, grind 400 gr. flour with a pack of softened butter. Add the same yeast and milk-egg mixture. Knead with a wooden spoon. Add 150 gr. large-grained sugar, If there is no such in the house, try to grind large cubes of sugar-refined sugar. Finally mix and leave under the film for half an hour to raise.
- The dough should be quite sticky. Therefore, it is easier to cut it with greased oil. Divide the dough into twelve pieces, each roll into a ball, and roll in a large sugar.
- Alternately bake our koloboks in a special waffle iron with large cells.
We talked about how it is possible to prepare wafers quickly and, most importantly, deliciously. Bon Appetit!