How to connect the headlights?
There are times when due to standardheadlamps may cause an accident. Not always they can well cover the road ahead of the car, they are hindered by torrential rains, fog, snowfall. In such a situation, it is worth thinking about preventing a collision and installing halogen or fog lights that will serve as an additional source of light.
If you do not know how to connect the headlights, do not worry. Let's first determine the materials that will be needed for this:
- headlights themselves,
- two fuses,
- relay switch,
- pads for relays and fuses,
- power button,
- a set of screwdrivers and keys,
- heat-shrink tubing,
- insulating tape,
- clamps-clamps in order to connect the wires to the circuit break.
How to connect additional lights
- To get started, select the headlights. Market car shops provide a wide range of products, but if your car has regular headlamp mounts, then you better buy them. Do not forget to clarify whether there is a certificate of conformity to the GOST in this kit with headlights. To avoid buying separately relays, fuses and wiring, be sure that they are included in the kit.
- Now that everything is already there, you canproceed directly to the installation of the headlights. If there are regular seats in the bumper, install the lights on them. In the case of their absence, to establish the headlamps in accordance with the Technical Regulations, the purpose of which is the safety of transport and wheel facilities.
Now it is necessary to carry out the wiring from the headlights. Take one wire from each headlight and screw them to any place you like on the body. The remaining wires (there will be two of them) are placed in the corrugated plastic. Along the regular wiring and up to the partition of the engine-salon, stretch this corrugation, after fixing it with plastic clips. Conduct wires closer to the fuse box and relay in the car.
- The next stage is work in the salon. See if there are sockets under the fuses and relays. Through the two fuses located separately, connect the headlamp wires. To the output under the number 86 relay, you need to connect the outputs from the fuses, which before that are connected in one. To the body of the car, connect the output at number 87. To the notation "+" we connect the number 85. "+" is either the wire of the battery, or "+" of the contact # 85.
- Finally, set the button to turn onnew headlights. Remove the plug from the front panel, if it has a place for the buttons, to work freely with the wires. The buttons have a light indicator and terminals, with which the indication is turned on, they need to be connected to the wiring from other buttons, in parallel connect the positive control contact. Output # 2 from the button control contact is connected to the output # 30. Secure the wiring in place, turn on the ignition. All is ready!
How to connect fog lights
Materials: fog lights, relays with shoe, wires, black electrical tape, screwdriver, side cutters, fuse holder 15-20A, clamps, corrugation, drill.
- Secure the headlights in the bumper in special niches. Each headlamp has a wire "+" and "-". One of them attach to the body, the other two - to the relay, inserted into the shoe. Relay pull the torpedo in the cabin, and the wires from it to the button on / off the headlights.
- Wires lay in the corrugation and lead to the regular wiring harness.
Hopefully, the article was able to help you figure out how to properly connect the fog lights.