How to clean the laptop from dust?
Watch the video
Everyone who has a laptop is familiar with the problemoverheating of its processor, which makes it difficult to perform many operations or even causes the computer to shutdown automatically. This overheating is due to the fact that the laptop is clogged with dust so much that the cooling system ceases to cope with its work. To avoid this unpleasant phenomenon, it is necessary to clean the computer of dust in a timely manner, because it will help lower the temperature of the processor and other devices by 10-20 degrees. About how to disassemble and clean the laptop from dust, and will go further.
Cleaning the laptop from dust should be carried outannually. Of course, computers of different firms have their own design features that affect, among other things, the speed of clogging the cooling systems with dust. For the most part this is due to the location of the cooling systems in them. According to experts, notebooks of companies such as SONY Vaio, as well as expensive models of Asus and HP can not be cleaned for two years, and Apple - more than four years. Annual cleaning requires laptops Samsung, HP, IBM, Lenovo, Acer, Asus. On the features of cleaning the laptop Asus can read in the article on our website How to clean the laptop Asus.
How to clean your laptop from dust: the main ways
There are two ways to clean your laptop fromdust: with parsing and indiscriminately. To remove dust without dismantling the laptop (that is, without removing even the back panel), it is possible only if the term of its operation does not exceed one year. To do this, you should:
- Find the hole from which warm air blows while the computer is running. Usually it looks like a lattice and can be on one of the side parts of the notebook case, much less often - behind.
- Take a vacuum cleaner or a powerful hair dryer, pre-tuned for blowing air, and bring it to the grate. From this laptop should fly out a visible cloud of dust.
This method of cleaning the ventilation systemcan last for 1-3 months without heating, but it will be effective only if the device is slightly contaminated. Otherwise, you need to resort to another method of cleaning, which requires parsing the laptop. For its implementation, it is advisable to read the instructions attached to it and prepare the following tools:
- Phillips screwdrivers;
- a piece of dry soft tissue;
- a brush with a long pile;
- vacuum cleaner for blowing dust (hair dryer, compressed air cylinder, rubber pear);
- machine oil or silicone grease.
How to disassemble and clean the laptop from dust
In order to get a clear idea of the removal of dust from the laptop, you can pay attention to the video on this page. Or use the following step-by-step instruction:
- It is necessary to disconnect the laptop and disconnect all connected devices.
- Turn the laptop "upside down" and unscrew the screws with the screwdriver, onto which the removable cover of the device is attached (they should be folded into any container, not to lose).
- Remove the cover, determine where the dust is most concentrated. Usually the dustiest places are the fan (blades) and radiators (cracks between the ribs).
- Remove the fan and wipe it with a dry cloth.
- Clean the radiator with a vacuum cleaner, and the slots with a brush.
- Remove the impeller from the fan by peeling off the sticker on the inside and removing the washer by picking it with a needle. The impeller should also be cleaned with a cloth.
- Clean the shaft and lubricate it with silicone grease or machine oil.
- Dust from the laptop keyboard can be removed eitherblowing it with air from a vacuum cleaner, a hair dryer or a can, or disassembling it for manual cleaning. To do this, you first need to unfasten the top panel (it clings to the latches) and then turn off the screws that secure the keyboard to the case with a screwdriver. To better remove the keyboard from the dust will have to unfasten all the keys.
More information about cleaning laptops is described in the article on our website. How to clean your laptop.
As a rule, for high-quality cleaning of the laptop fromdust does not require its complete disassembly. Laptops of some companies (such, for example, as Acer, Asus or Rover) have a convenient design, giving access to the cooling system immediately after removing the back cover. To learn how to properly disassemble an Acer Aspire laptop, you can read the article How to disassemble the Acer Aspire laptop. There are also such laptops, which for cleaning have to disassemble almost completely (for example, HP, Sony and Samsung).
How often you need to clean your laptop from dust
The most important role is how often to cleansethe laptop of its dust, in addition to the novelty and the manufacturer, play its operating conditions. It should be borne in mind that if the laptop is on a table in a clean, ventilated room, in which wet cleaning is often done, its cooling systems will be contaminated much more slowly. The rapid dusting of computer systems is facilitated by the presence of such factors as:
- repair in an apartment with a laptop;
- permanent use of the laptop in bed, on upholstered furniture;
- permanent use of the laptop outdoors (on the balcony, veranda, etc.)
If there is no desire or opportunity to clean the laptopfrom dust alone, then you can refer it to the service department. In various computer workshops, the procedure for cleaning from dust costs usually from five hundred to three thousand rubles. It is not cheap, but the cleaning will be done professionally. In addition, the masters will necessarily test the laptop in order to determine the correctness of the connection of all loops, and will carefully check the operation of the device.