How to choose a wine?
The wine is designed to decorate any table. Also this drink is used as an aperitif before eating. Today, dear reader, we will learn how to choose wine. The quality of the reception of your guests and their impressions will depend not least on the wine that you offer them.
Wine is an alcoholic beverage fortified with 9% alcohol content up to 22%. Fortified wines are those to which alcohol is added. The science that studies this drink is called enology.
How to choose wine in the store? Unfortunately, we can not check the wine offered on the counter. Therefore, it is worthwhile to focus on the label and on the bottle. Let's find out about the basic ways of choosing a wine.
- First of all, one must take into account the fact that in allthe world of wine is made dry and sweet. Exclusively for Russia produce semisweet wines. But this is not an advantage of our country and its inhabitants. The fact is that the production of such a drink is made from the lower grades of grapes, and sometimes from production waste. In addition, due to some properties of semisweet wine, it needs additional chemical transformations, which leads to our morning headaches.
- The label must directly declare the manufacturerof wine. Any normal wine company wants to be recognized on the market. If you are faced with an illegible handwriting on the label, then, before you a fake.
- Here's how to choose a good wine: the year of harvest must necessarily be present on the label. If it is not there, then you have wine, where concentrate or modern chemical products were used for its production.
- On the label of good wine there should be a listgrades of grapes that were used in the production of this product. If before you "from the best gatherings of berries from the southern slopes of the mountains", then it is better to do without this wine. This rule works for all manufacturers except French. The fact is that in France, legislation prohibits producers from specifying the grape variety on the basis of which a particular wine was made.
- An incomparable advantage over the otherswines will be enjoyed by the product on whose label the exact region of the beverage production is indicated. It's no secret that even within one region there are regions where winemaking will develop better than in neighboring ones. For example, Bordeaux in France is a well-known brand of winemakers. This point, however, is not decisive.
- How to choose the right wine? Indication of the aging time in a barrel or bottle indicates that the wine is really good. The fact is that it is not profitable to keep wine of low quality for long, somewhere, it is profitable to immediately sell it. Such wines are poured into plastic containers and sent to the place of sale. After that, already on the spot, the beverage is subjected to a non-weak chemical treatment, and then goes to the counters of our stores.
Let's also talk a little about howchoose the right red wine. A good way, which will certainly help you not to lose out on choosing a wine, boils down to the following. Find out from your future guests what wine they prefer. According to the chosen wine prepare the table. Try not to buy the cheapest wines. Say, the amount of 500 rubles per bottle can guarantee you that you will buy real wine, not fake.
Also a good criterion of choice is personal experience. When buying wine, try to remember what you were buying. You can get a list of good manufacturers and a black list of manufacturers whose product is best not to buy. Also worth remembering is a variety of wine, the country of origin and sweetness. That's the case with the choice of wine, dear reader. Remember that under our circumstances it's the worst thing to buy a fake, so take our advice seriously.