How to become an instructor?
Watch the video
A fitness instructor is a prettyin demand. Instructors in fitness, pilates, yoga and other similar activities work both in sports clubs and centers, and individually (at home with customers).
Of course, in order to succeed in this profession, one must have a number of qualities necessary for it and, naturally, have a great desire to deal with this very thing.
How to become an instructor: the necessary qualities
In order to become a fitness instructor, you will need:
- Quality education. It does not always require a higher profile education, and even more so the title of the CCM, since the owners of elite clubs have long known that trainers are trained in sports universities, but not instructors. The presence of higher education, of course, does not hurt in any case, but it is best to complete additional special courses with state accreditation. Further in the course of the work, the instructor will certainly want to learn other areas of fitness, as each of them solves his circle of problems. Therefore, if possible, you should find other courses on new techniques and related disciplines. For example, on functional training, massage, dietology, physiotherapy exercises, various types of stretching and relaxation. Such education will help to become a universal instructor.
- Physical endurance. It should be borne in mind that the fitness instructor not only teaches others - he himself is busy with active physical exercises for several hours a day. Therefore, before becoming an instructor, you should accurately assess your health and your physical abilities.
- Ability and desire to communicate with people. This is one of the most important qualities for a sports instructor, since it will be necessary to communicate with clients regardless of their mood and state of health. A good fitness club will employ only such a person who will be able to provide his services with pleasure, be sociable, patient, non-conflicting, can easily find a common language with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to sell their services. Usually, in addition to salary, the income of the instructor is the percentage of personal services sold, so you need to be able to advertise and "sell" yourself, as this is part of the business.
- Pleasant appearance. Naturally, the better the instructor looks, the more the clients trust him. The figure of a good fitness trainer should be an ideal that a client can achieve. In this case, the concept of the ideal does not include the mountain of muscles, because most people come to clubs, wanting to just get a good shape, to become healthier.
- Be ready to work in the evenings and weekends. Naturally, the mode of work is not so important factor in choosing the profession of an instructor, as the previous ones. However, you need to be prepared for the fact that the instructor's work schedule usually involves working in the evening hours, when the rest, as a rule, are already finishing work, and also on weekends. This can be an important obstacle for communicating with friends and relatives living in the five-day regime from 9 to 18.
Knowing how to become an instructor, you can soberevaluate your strength and decide whether this profession suits you or better choose some other one. In choosing a profession you will be helped by articles from the sections of our site Catalog of professions and Professions. As a big plus of this profession, it can be noted that in addition to material income, it can bring great moral satisfaction, because it is very nice - to help people achieve their goals, strive for health, improve their quality of life.