How do I create a Windows 7 disk?
Sometimes users need to create a new local,installation or virtual disk for work. But the new Windows 7, released in 2009, has many updates compared to Windows Vista, which can confuse an inexperienced user. Not every user knows how to create a Windows 7 disk or a local drive on his computer. The necessary instructions and tips will be offered below.
How to create a Windows 7 installation disk
When your OS starts to fail or is already downdoes not work, you immediately understand that you need to reinstall Windows, and this requires an installation disk with the OS. But not all PC users have a licensed OS with an installation disk and a key from it. Most often, Windows 7 is downloaded from the Internet from pirated torrents, and, hence, the OS is recorded as a disk image. In this case, the ability to record the installer on a regular blank is useful.
So, we have an image of the OS disk downloaded from the Internet. To write an installation disk, you need to do certain actions:
- First of all, you need to insert a disc in the drive. If this disc is rewritable, then you need to erase all the files from it so that they do not interfere with the future installation.
- Having convinced that the blank is empty, we beginprocess of recording. We press twice on the image of the OS disk and open a dialog, which says that the file could not be opened. Select the item "select a program from the list of installed programs", and in a new window click on "Windows Disk Image Burner". This program is built into the OS to write files to disk.
- In the program window, you need to specify your drive,where is the disc for recording. Then in the program window put a tick in the item "check after recording" and start recording. The first time you can not write. Then the program will display an error on the screen. You should repeat the recording until it works.
The program will do everything for you, and in the end you will receive an installation CD with the OS.
You can also use the Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool, which will perform all the same.
How to create a Windows 7 recovery disc
If there was a failure in the OS, which led toIn this case, the recovery disk will help. It will roll back the system to the last running version. If you do not have a recovery disk or a license disk, you can create it yourself:
- To do this, find the section in the control panel"System and security", which will contain the item "Archiving of computer data". In this section, you will find the item "Create a System Restore Disk", starting which you will start creating a recovery disk.
- It is necessary to have an empty blank, where everything will beto be recorded. We put it into the drive. After that, you can run the program. In it we choose the drive drive with a pig. The installation will start by itself and will tell when everything is done successfully. Then the disc can be used for its intended purpose.
For more information, see How to create a recovery disc.
How to create a local drive in Windows 7
It happens that there is one hard disk on the computer andone local drive C is displayed on which Windows 7 is installed. Often gamers and other users need to install games and write files separately from Windows. In this case, you can split the hard disk into several local partitions.
In Windows 7 there is a useful built-inA utility that performs this task. Right-click on the label "Computer", select the item "Management". A window opens in which you must click on "Disk Management". You will see a simple interface where you can partition the hard disk into partitions. Using sliders and simple tools, you first create an empty space, and then in this empty space, make a new local volume. You can specify the name, size and other parameters.
How to create a virtual disk Windows 7
A virtual disk can be used as asection, which then will be convenient to remove, or it is useful for data protection inside the OS. Read more about the purpose of a virtual disk and create it in our article How to create a virtual disk.
How to create a Windows 7 multi-boot disk
A multiboot disc is required if you havea lot of programs that I would like to store on one disc and install all at once all from one place. This allows you to not distribute the program to the set of disks, which are always needed.
To create a multiboot disc, you canuse the XBoot program. Run it, you can drag all the files into the program window. After that, start creating a single disk image. It is necessary to check the new image in the virtual machine in the program. After you make sure that everything works well, the disk image can be written to the blank.