How do I change the file type?
When working with various programs that deal with the processing of audio, video and graphic information, there is often a problem with changing the file extension. What is it for?
As a rule, when you download certain files tosite (for example, a picture for an avatar - images for your profile, or a movie or song on the site "In contact") the site system requires that they be downloaded in a certain format.
Similarly, some computer games require downloading music or images in a specific format so that files are available during the game.
And, finally, there are programs that can only work or play files of a certain type.
Now let's move directly to how to change the file type. These procedures are simple and do not require any special skills from you.
How to change the file type of a photo and other images
For this, it is most convenient to use the program "Paint", which is included in the standard set of programs that come with Windows.
- So, open Paint - for this go to the menu"Start", then - "All Programs" - "Standard" - "Paint". It is even more convenient to right-click directly on the image file and select "Open with" - "Paint" from the drop-down menu.
- Further all is simple. We click the upper left menu button called "File" and select "Save As", after which you will see a window where in the top menu you will have to choose where to save the new file. And in the lower menu at the top choose the name for the file (you can leave it as it is), and below it the required extension.
- After that, click "Save" and confirm the saving.
That's all - now you have the same file, but in a different format.
How to change the type of video or audio file
This is a somewhat more complicated procedure, howeverthere are excellent programs that will help you quickly enough (in case of a small amount of audio or video information) to convert files. One of these converters is a program called "Format Factory". Why it? First, it is free; secondly, its free distribution does not affect the excellent work of this program.
- Download the program and install it by placing a shortcut on the desktop.
- Run the program - on the left you will see the menu: "Video", "Audio", "Photo" and some other options, which we will not talk about here, since they will not be needed.
- Let's say we need to change the video file format from * mkv to * avi. To do this, click on the "Video" menu and select "All in AVI" - as you can see, here you can translate the video into many formats.
- In the menu that appears, click on "File" and findrequired. See - he appeared in the central window of the program? Pay attention to the menu "Customize" - there you can adjust the quality of the resulting image.
- At the bottom, select the destination folder. You can choose at will, you can save the result to the source folder.
- Now we press "OK", and in the main menu to "Start" - find above such a button with a green triangle.
- The conversion process is started - you can followAfter that, in the central window, where the completeness process will be displayed. As soon as the conversion is completed, you will see the word "Done" in the progress column.
- Now right click on the file and select "View file of course" - then the file will start in a new format, or "Open the destination folder" - then you will see the file with the new extension.
Concerning the conversion of audio files, herethe process is the same. Open the "Format Factory", click on the menu item "Audio" and choose in which format we want to translate our records. After that, we select as many records as we need (we can even from different folders) and start the conversion in the same way.
Note that the program supports and changesextensions of graphic files. If you need to change the extension from one picture file, it's better to use Paint, but with a massive change in the extensions you will get very much the same Format Factory.