Greek salad: delicious and simple classic recipes
Good day! Tell me, have you tried to eat Horiaticos at least once in your life? Do not know what it is? The answer is quite simple and banal, it is famous, just in Greece it is customary to call it that way. But it’s more pleasant for us to pronounce a more mundane expression all the same, and I know many such people who also call this dish an ordinary rural salad when it’s summer outside.
But when it is winter, you will not call it rural, because in winter such products are sold in the shop a little expensive, so for us people in Russia it will decorate a festive table or a feast.
Let's understand and prepare it, as they say on one, two, three. I hope you will find this selection useful, and you will surely add it to your bookmarks, so that later with ease and speed you can find the cooking option you need for this simple dish.
This terrific vegetable dish is considered low-calorie, in general, everything in it is excellent, it looks beautiful and the calories are not so much, only 120 kcal per 100 g.
As usual, there were a lot of variations on this topic, our idea to the Russian people just give us an idea, we will unleash everything so that we ourselves will later be surprised. So, catch new ideas, and of course no one will ever cancel the traditional ones.
Greek salad - a classic recipe
I will start this note with the traditional option, and I want to tell you that regardless of whether you are doing this miracle the first time or the second, it does not matter, you must remember one simple truth. In this kind of salad, all the ingredients are taken by eye, because it is mostly vegetable, which means if you like tomatoes most of all, then take them and add more, like green cucumbers, add them more.
In general, everything depends on you and on the preferences of your beloved family. So do not worry if someone suddenly appears to be not so much. The composition for this dish is not very complicated, I would say normal. The only thing is that the real Greek is made from feta cheese, it can be difficult to get it, but there is always an alternative to find another variety, for example, take the cheese or Fetaks. Therefore, try different types and in any case you will be satisfied with the salad and the figure))).
The main advice from me is to take fresh vegetables that are beautiful and beautiful in appearance, this delicious dish will be much brighter and more interesting to look on a platter with them. Well, let's get started.
We will need:
- fresh cucumber - 1 pc.
- Red onion - 0.5 pcs.
- sweet pepper - 0.5 pcs.
- tomatoes - 2-3 pieces
- pitted olives - handful
- Feta cheese - 120g
- Oregano - Pinch
- olive oil - 1-2 tbsp
1. Make a preliminary preparation, first of all wash all the vegetables thoroughly in water. After take the cucumbers and cut them into pieces.
Important! If you notice, the photo shows a cucumber without a skin, this is the way it is supposed to do in Greece, supposedly it kills bitterness, but this is a matter of taste, personally I rarely remove the skin, since I do not feel bitterness.
2. Onions, use red, it is tastier in this salad, brighter, and of course not as hot as regular white onions. Cut into half rings.
Put the cucumbers in a bowl, and then throw the chopped onion.
3. Next, grab the tomatoes, cut them into large pieces, removing the stem. Sweet Bulgarian pepper is also chopped with a knife in the form of large stripes, remove seeds and partitions from it.
Place all the vegetables in a bowl and continue on with this simple and uncomplicated work.
4. Take the olives with stones and scatter them over the salad.
Interesting! As you may have noticed, all the ingredients are cut quite large, this is such an amazing feature of this dish, Greek cuisine. No need to shallow, as we used to do, Russians in all other types of salads.
5. Top with olive oil and mix. Choose only quality oil.
6. Fet too, cut into large cubes and cover all the vegetables.
7. Let's look at what happened, so beautiful, well, and a great appearance, from which the salivation is already running. Yes, forgot to sprinkle oregano and smile! Your famous and unique salad is ready! Bon Appetit!
Cooking Greek Salad with Salad Leaves at Home
But you know how you can give this salad an unrealistic fantastic look, yes, decorate it with lettuce leaves, this in turn will give it a very unique and luxurious attractive look. I think it will not be a big deal to pay this idea, it can be done easily and quickly, and you can pick a salad with your hands and not use whole leaves.
We will need:
- Sweet pepper - 2 pcs.
- Fresh cucumber - 2 pcs.
- Cherry tomatoes - 10-12 pcs.
- Olives and / or olives - 2 handfuls
- Mozzarella cheese - 2 handfuls
- Dry basil - 2 sprigs
- Thyme 0.5 hour
- Salt 0.5 hours
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Salad leaves
1. Slice sweet Bulgarian pepper into cubes, remove the middle with seeds and seeds as usual.
2. With the cucumbers, remove the tails, and cut into circles or a large cube.
3. Cherry tomatoes due to the fact that they are small and amusing, they do not need to be ground in principle. You can leave a couple of pieces in such a full form, and take a few and cut them into halves.
4. You can take a handful of olives and olives with or without stones. If you want to do without, then initially remove them. I think that since the number is not so huge, you will cope with this task very quickly.
5. Almost came the final moment, you need to put all the vegetables in a glass bowl, preferably deeper. Scatter mozzarella pieces.
6. Then salt, you can even pepper, tuck dried basil and thyme. Season with olive oil. Wow Great how it looks!
7Put on green leaves and eat on health!
Tasty snack with cheese - a step-by-step recipe with photos
For those who love to experiment, and indeed who does not care where feta or mozzarella is sold, I suggest making this culinary creation with cheese. It looks pretty good too, and it certainly pleases with its taste.
A lemon has been added to this species, not without reason; it gives some unexpected sourness. From it is prepared in addition fragrant sauce for Greek salad. This dressing will certainly please everyone in this dish. Yummy, very very tasty!
We will need:
- cucumber -1 pc
- cherry tomatoes - 8 pcs.
- cheese, cheese or tofu, or feta - 200 g
- salad leaves - 1 pack
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc.
- olives - 80 g
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- oregano to taste
- salt to taste
- olive oil - 3 tbsp
1. Rinse the green leaves, and let the excess moisture drain. Put them on a flat dish, they will fit all the other ingredients.
2. Prepare the vegetables.
3. Cut them the way you used to do it, the main condition, do not shrink, it is important to chop large. Something like this.
4. Now it is the turn to make the original dressing sauce, in olive oil, add lemon juice, preferably fresh, and about 0.5 teaspoon oregano and salt to taste.Stir, and then flavor them with a salad.
5. Place all the chopped vegetables on the green leaves, decorate the dish with olives and Feta slices. Delight your loved ones!
Video on how a real salad is made in Greece
I decided to show you all the same one video, in which one Greek woman is shown, which makes this salad, for all who are interested be sure to see if there is anything to learn.
Classic Greek salad recipe with fetaxa, crackers and chicken
And this species, already made specifically for us by the Russians, we modified it and made it more rational and expressive. Of course, in the original version there is no chicken and, all the more, crackers.
We will need:
1. First prepare the non-core ingredients, in this case the chicken. Boil it and cut into a large cube. If you want the dish to be even more satisfying, you can fry chicken breast in a frying pan with vegetable oil.
2. Next, the bread slices, cut off their bread crust, and then chop into cubes. Place them on a baking sheet and dry in the oven or in a pan, you can fry with vegetable oil.
3. Salad will be assembled in this way, prepare lettuce leaves, wash and dry with a paper napkin. Put the leaves on a plate in which you will serve the salad.Do not make a large portion, it is better to serve in small portions, that is, in portions, do not do it in advance.
4. The main components of this salad are cucumbers, sweet peppers and tomatoes, cut them into small cubes. Put all the vegetables on lettuce leaves.
5. Next, finely chop the onion on the rings and place it over the rest of the vegetables. Salt it.
6. Now put the chicken chopped into pieces, black olives and pitted.
7. Feta cheese, like the other components, cut into cubes. And decorate them with the finished salad. Finally, sprinkle with fried croutons and drizzle with olive oil.
Do not forget about herbs, dry Provencal herbs are very suitable here.
Cooking with Peking Cabbage and Feta Cheese at Home
You can still be done with cabbage. I even didn't know about it before, it turns out quite gently and refreshingly.
We will need:
- Fresh cucumbers - 250 g
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc.
- Fresh tomatoes - 250 g
- Peking cabbage - 130 g
- Cheese (feta type, I have this brine cheese) - 120 g
- Dill - 1 small bunch
- Black olives without stones - 110 g
- Olive oil - 4 tbsp. l
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 tbsp. l
- Salt to taste
1.Chop all vegetables with arbitrary slices, first cucumbers, then red sweet pepper.
2. After the tomatoes into pieces, and cheese of any kind, which you have prepared or bought.
3. For an unexpected hint of olives, cut into rings, it looks cool. Is not it?! Cabbage chop pieces.
4. Finely chop the dill with a sharp cooking knife. All products put in one container, slightly pour apple cider vinegar and season with olive oil. If there is no olive oil, you can use vegetable oil. So it looks fabulous, just want to devour))).
Video on how to cook Greek in the recipe of the chef restaurant
I wanted to finish writing this post, then I decided to still share another option that many might like, because it is shown by a professional in their field, a culinary master, watch this video who wants to learn how to make this vegetable Greek salad professionally.