Great Post 2018 - menu for every day
Recently, more and more Russian citizens are turning to religion. But many “newbies” do not yet know how to eat in the Great Post 2018. Every day menu, as well as recipes for lenten dishes, can be found further.
In all religions there are periods when believers refrain from eating food and other temptations of life. Thus, they want to purify their body and soul, and come closer to the Most High.
In Orthodoxy, there are several posts when the laity struggle with bad thoughts, habits, do not eat anything, and try to restore internal harmony. All this they do in the name of God.
The most important and strict is Lent, which in 2018 will begin on February 19, 188 and end on April 8, 188. Each year it starts at a different time, as it is tied to another important day for Christians - Easter.
How to prepare for the post
For such a serious test Christians are preparing for three weeks. And each period has its own name:
- The first week is called solid or "omnivorous." As the name implies, this is the time when you can eat everything without exception and in any quantity.Thus, the believers, as it were, are trying to eat in the future.
- The second week is called motley or meaty. During this period, the first restrictions on food appear. On Wednesday and Friday, believers begin to fast. During the parental Saturday it is customary to go to the cemetery and remember the deceased relatives.
- The third week is called cheese. It is during this period that the famous Maslenitsa falls. At this time, you can eat eggs, fish, dairy products and of course pancakes. They are especially popular in Russian villages. They are made for every taste with only one exception. For this holiday it is already forbidden to eat meat products. During this period, people try to walk up and have fun, because there is a period of restrictions ahead.
At the end of the Pancake Week comes Forgiveness Sunday, during which all believers ask for forgiveness and themselves forgive their offenders. Thus, people prepare for spiritual and bodily cleansing.
Meals in the first and Holy Week
On Clean Monday, believers clean the house, wash and change into clean clothes, showing that they are ready for further cleaning. From this point on, church rules begin to work for the laity. This is especially true for food.So, food in the first week:
|Monday||Complete ban on food|
|Tuesday Friday||You can eat bread, raw vegetables and fruits, honey and nuts|
|Saturday Sunday||All the same, only heat treated with added oil. A small amount of wine is also allowed.|
To understand what you can eat on other days, try to understand the concepts. So, the Orthodox church charter implies several degrees of severity of fasting with:
- the first is the use of food;
- the second is that it is not allowed to process food thermally;
- the third - you can eat hot food, but without oil;
- the fourth - you can eat warm processed food with oil;
- fifth - consumed fish and thermally processed food with oil.
To summarize the above, we get the following table of food consumption during Lent:
|First day of fasting||1st degree|
|Monday, Wednesday and Friday||2nd degree, you can eat once, before sunrise or after sunset|
|Tuesday and Thursday||3rd degree|
|Saturday and Sunday||4th degree|
|In the days of the Annunciation of Palm Resurrection||5th degree|
|Saturday the sixth week||You can taste the caviar|
|Good Friday||1st degree|
This is the period of the most strictly fasting. According to the above classification, from Monday to Thursday a second degree of abstinence from food is practiced, that is, only raw vegetables and fruits are consumed. On Friday, eating is prohibited altogether. The seventh week completes the post. Her every day reminds believers of the last days of Jesus. This table gives an idea of what you can eat on a passionate week:
|Monday to Wednesday||xerophagy|
|Thursday||Thermally processed food without oil (one meal)|
|Friday||Lack of food, only water|
|On Saturday||According to the canons, you can not eat|
|Sunday||Chatter (allowed to eat all kinds of food)|
Recipes of lenten dishes
With a malnutrition
- tomatoes - 4 pcs .;
- bitter pepper -1 pc .:
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- vegetable oil (if desired) - 2 tbsp. l .;
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp. l .;
- Make vegetable puree.
- Add lemon juice, oil, salt.
- Add 2 liters. water, leave to infuse.
- Sprinkle with greens.
It will take:
- coconut - 1 pc .;
- any nuts - 1 tbsp .;
- sea grass - a couple of branches;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- vegetable oil;
- honey - 1 tsp;
- celery, cilantro and other herbs - 1 bunch.
- We clean the coconut and get the pulp.
- Then add water in the ratio of one to one.
- After that, add chopped butter, nuts and honey.
- For a spicy taste, put chopped garlic, algae and greens.
To prepare the dish you will need:
- peas - 2 tbsp .;
- parsley, cilantro, basil - bunch;
- sesame seeds - 2 tbsp. l
- lemon - 1pc .;
- cold pressed oil - 3 tbsp. l
- Before you start cooking this dish you need to sprout peas.
- Then mash it.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- sunflower seeds - 1 tbsp .;
- walnuts - 1 tbsp .;
- parsley, dill, basil, cilantro, garlic;
- lemon juice;
- chickpeas (germinated peas) - 2 tbsp.
- Chickpeas are mixed with nuts and carefully ground.
- Then add greens and lemon juice.
- Sent for a while in the cold.
- After curing can be served on the table.
To prepare you need:
- lentils - 1 tbsp .;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- cucumber - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- ginger - 1 root;
- dried sea grass;
- Soak the lentils and then knead.
- Add grated carrots to it.
- Cut the cucumber into strips.
- Mix everything.
- Add minced garlic, dried sea grass and grated ginger;
- Decorate with greens.
Heat treated dishes
In fact, such dishes can be great variety. You can fantasize and combine all sorts of products on your own. The main thing is that you like the cooked dishes. In fasting days you can try:
- lean borsch with sprat in tomato;
- soup with beans and vegetables;
- shish kebab from champignons;
- oat patties;
- zucchini meatballs;
- pilaf with mushrooms;
- zrazy with mushrooms;
- lentil sausages;
- vegetable caviar from Jerusalem artichoke and much more.